Hardcore 8 Dragon Hoard Super Thread and FAQ

Dvinesword

OnuX71s.jpg

One is in the Marut optional in Temple of Vol.
Posted just a few minutes ago

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Finished checking base 5 heroic only ones (not checking any with epic/leg versions) and found none; also checked bloody crypt with nothing.

Last edited:

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
Great list! That lack of chests in levels 2 through 5 is interesting! And since the possible locations expanded outside free content; a guess:

The Chronoscope raid. Complete either of the two optional there (quick wiki check = "rescue defenders" & "reduce air mobs") for an extra chest at end. 'Easy', low level raid that references a classical special event.

Anyway, thanks for the table and edits!
Won't titan be a better and more painful choice?

PaleFox

I like the thinking, but so far folks have managed to clear out level 2 and 3 without finding one. Cleared out quests anyway, adventure areas are technically still on the table.

However, this method of tracking admittedly isn't perfect and I'm putting a lot of trust in folks. So its not impossible some options may of been missed.
Got to be on the optional optionals then.

You know, those that have a chance of appearing.
So far the trend I see is that it are those optionals that people like to skip.

LrdSlvrhnd

Seeing some reports of folks having an issue with getting hoard items from casual versions of the golden chests from Sacrifices. Currently seems to not be a 100% drop chance as normal+ is. Unknown if that's intended or how wide spread it is. If anyone has any more concrete info, let us know.

Thanks

I hit the chest in Sacrifices 5 times on Casual with no hoard piece. Also thrice each on Normal and Elite, the third time for both being with quest ransack - got it the first two times on Normal and Elite but it's apparently affected by ransack.

Also, I do have one theory. As some other people have stated, this is starting to look too easy to gain a reward that's taken 5K favor in the past. Looking at the reward list, it looks like there are 3 things missing as compared to other seasons: a cosmetic helm, the footprints cosmetic, and a mount. Cordovan said during his live stream that he wasn't showing us all of the rewards. I think turning in the first 7 pieces will get you a cosmetic helm, and the footprints will come at a higher tier. There may be a mount too, but it's hard to say. In the past, there's only been 2 tiers of rewards, so I kind of doubt it.

The problem with this is the eyes take the helm slot so could well be the helm (much like S4's Overlord Collar isn't a helm, but goes in that slot and took the helm spot in the reward list), and S1 (and S5), the footprints were where the mount usually is. So helm & mount aren't really 'missing', just replaced.

Not saying you're wrong that there are more rewards (he did say he wasn't showing them all, after all), just that this reasoning is kind of flawed. We may well have rewards at, say, 10 & 13 hoard pieces.

HigherAngel

PieceQuestLevelChest Notes
1Sacrifices1(Optional) Put to rest the skeletal mage
2Immortality Lessons6
(Optional) Look for the Curious Door/(Optional) Speak to Scath the Vorpal
3The Pit7(Optional) Slay Avatar of Juiblex
4Into the Deep9(Optional) Venture to the pit and destroy the Demon
5Invitation to Dinner10
32*
(Optional) Engage Strahd again (aka, Death Card)
*Legendary Requires confirmation
6The Chamber of Raiyum12
(Optional) Find a way into the treasure chamber
7Mired in Kobolds13(Optional) Face Sinvala
8Madstone Crater
Return to Madstone Crater
Madstone Enchanter beyond locked door.
9Servants of the Overlord15*
*Heroic requires confirmation
(Optional)
Disrupt the Drow ritual
10Desecrated Temple of Vol
Epic Desecrated Temple of Vol
14**
**No chest on heroic
(Optional) Defeat the Inevitables of Dolurrh
11Search and Rescue15*
*Heroic requires confirmation
(Optional) Drow Outpost: Slay the High Priestess
12Roll Call15
(Optional) Defeat Soot (Magma Brute)
Typo's to correct:
Roll Call and Servants of the Overlord's heroic levels are both 16, not 15 :)