DDO Character Planner

Spook

Is there any intention to add cannith crafted items any time soon? Just curious!! I know you can craft onto the gem of many facets, for instance, which is super nice and convenient, but was wondering if you'd already added a feature for other crafted items and I am just missing it!
Its already there. If you go to any loot slot and scroll to the bottom you have cannith crafting (its always at the bottom as the list is sorted by ML and cannith crafting can be any ML)

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Build 1.0.0.195 Now Available

This release bring us mostly compatible with U63. Note that to get a "Deck Curse" augment slot on any item, you will need to equip a new version of it before the option becomes available.

Fix: Dinosaur bone "Silverscale" bonuses are now correct, wiki also updated (Reported by 84monta)
Fix: Morgrave augment text updated and effects added where required.
Fix: An issue with number of skill points for race/stat combinations with an Unknown class setup was fixed (Reported by Riareos)
Fix: Swashbuckling Competence threat range bonuses for weapons with/without IC should now be correct (Reported by christhemisss)
Fix: Missing item icons harvested
Fix: Sun stance Ki genration effects are now correctly attached to Sun Stance, not Mountain stance (Reported by MuazAlhaidar)
Fix: Enhancement "Tabaxi Trailblazer: Attune" now has its KiHit and KiPassive effects (Reported by MuazAlhaidar)
Fix: Half-Elf Rogue Diletante options now have their missing effects (Reported by christhemisss)

U63 Support:
---Bonus type "Fortune" added
---All items will now automatically have an augment type "Deck Curse" added
---Facet of Coalesced Impacts
---Facet of Condensed Power
---Facet of Psionic Intrusion
---Globe of Cursed Blood
---"Deck Curse" augments added from the page https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Deck_of_Many_Curses

Link in signature

hit_fido

Waiting for Monster Manual X...
When using cleric domains with Dark Apostate, the spell power breakdown isn't tracking the increases to spell power provided by the domain. This is easy to replicate if you just create a new Cleric-20 and a new Dark Apostate-20 and then choose different domains in each build.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
I should just warn here that while we have the majority of the effects recorded, there are a few "ultra rare" effects which we're not certain we caught during the Lamannia preview. I've just added Curse of Future Sight to the list, for example (+5% Dodge Bypass).
On this note, we've found two more in the last week - Curse of the Winding Dirge and Curse of the Merciless.

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Dark Apostate is missing Diplomacy as a class skill.
Added for next release
When using cleric domains with Dark Apostate, the spell power breakdown isn't tracking the increases to spell power provided by the domain. This is easy to replicate if you just create a new Cleric-20 and a new Dark Apostate-20 and then choose different domains in each build.
I am investigating these. Didn't see any issues at least with the Tier I feats, will check the rest shortly. Will be fixed if I spot any issues.
On this note, we've found two more in the last week - Curse of the Winding Dirge and Curse of the Merciless.
I should have added all the new curses for next release.

hit_fido

Waiting for Monster Manual X...
I am investigating these. Didn't see any issues at least with the Tier I feats, will check the rest shortly. Will be fixed if I spot any issues.
Here's how I can replicate this:

1a. Launch Builder
1b. Menu, "New"
1c. Set the class to Cleric for all 20 levels using the drop down
1d. Observe the spell power breakdown, Fire is at 81
1e. Set the level 2 domain choice to Fire
1f. Observe the spell power breakdown, Fire is at 121

2a. Launch Builder
2b. Menu, "New"
2c. Set the class to Dark Apostate for all 20 levels using the drop down
2d. Observe the spell power breakdown, Fire is at 81
2e. Set the level 2 domain choice to Fire
2f. Observe the spell power breakdown, Fire is at 81

Note that if you keep the spell power breakdown open you can see the change from 81 to 121 immediately at step 1e. There's no change at step 2e.

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Here's how I can replicate this:

1a. Launch Builder
1b. Menu, "New"
1c. Set the class to Cleric for all 20 levels using the drop down
1d. Observe the spell power breakdown, Fire is at 81
1e. Set the level 2 domain choice to Fire
1f. Observe the spell power breakdown, Fire is at 121

2a. Launch Builder
2b. Menu, "New"
2c. Set the class to Dark Apostate for all 20 levels using the drop down
2d. Observe the spell power breakdown, Fire is at 81
2e. Set the level 2 domain choice to Fire
2f. Observe the spell power breakdown, Fire is at 81

Note that if you keep the spell power breakdown open you can see the change from 81 to 121 immediately at step 1e. There's no change at step 2e.
I tracked down an effect stacking bug that could be affecting multiple things in the software. Fixed for next release.

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator

This build brings us the last of the items for U63 and some pre-work for U64. Also a number of fixes were applied also.

---About Box resized to allow all bug reporters names to be visible
Fix: IoD Brightscale spell penetration bonus is now correctly an Equipment bonus (Reported by vryxnr)
Fix: Skill "Diplomacy" is now correctly a Dark Apostate class skill (Reported by hit_fido)
Fix: The "Deck Curse" augment will now be added to existing gear without having to re-select the item
---Additional discovered Deck Curses added:
------Curse of Uncontrollable Energy
------Curse of Future Sight
------Curse of the Winding Dirge
------Curse of the Merciless
------Curse of the Unfeeling
------Curse of Ghostly Haunting
Fix: Feat "Infernal Ancestry" should now correctly provide its Fire resistance (Reported by Edrein)
Fix: Item "Perfected Twisted Talisman" now has its Con bonus (Reported by Arakasu)
Fix: Item "Legendary Azure Targe" now correctly has Insightful Diversion not Insightful Incite (Reported by zilgabex)
Fix: "Ninja Spy: Shadow Double" description should now be correct (Reported by LouDaCrisp)
Fix: Isle of Dread augments in multiple items will no longer erroneously stack (Reported by Mummykiller)
Fix: "Single Weapon Fighting" feats Melee Alacrity in SWF should now be correct (Reported by Nectmar)
Fix: Arcane Archer (and Elf AA) "True Strike" has the correct AP cost and description (Reported by Nectmar)
Fix: Arcane Archer and Elf AA) Elemental Arrows options should now be correctly mutually exclusive (Reported by Nectmar)
Fix: An effect stacking issue for amount per class level items was fixed (Reported by hit_fido)
Fix: Divine Disciple: Light and Dark now correctly has 3 stacks (Reported by hit_fido)
Missing Items Added:
---Legendary Twinchopper (Great Axe) (Reported by LouDaCrisp)
---Desolation Spectacles (Goggles) (Reported by aphextf)
---Eyes of Defilement (Goggles) (Reported by aphextf)
---Misery Monocle (Goggles) (Reported by aphextf)
---Beltstrap of Forbidden Tomes (Belt) (Reported by aphextf)
---Blade-Barbed Bandolier (Belt) (Reported by aphextf)
---Buckle of Assimilation (Belt) (Reported by aphextf)
---Legendary Defiled Azure Buckler (Buckler) (Reported by aphextf)
---Legendary Defiled Azure Targe (Small Shield) (Reported by aphextf)
---Legendary Defiled Azure Rotella (Large Shield) (Reported by aphextf)
---Legendary Defiled Azure Tower (Tower Shield) (Reported by aphextf)

U64 Augments and Set Bonuses Added:
---Imbued Infusion
---Bold Tactician
---Subtle Blade
---Legendary Bulwark

Link in signature

TUF_rpg

don't know if it has been said before but if so sorry about repeat.
your level 31 Spell Specialty feat contain a rule that says "must not contain any (school)" so if I ever took a spell focus in Evocation I cannot take spell specialty Evocation. this is not accurate. in the game it only checks the Epic Spell focus feat. so I can have focus Evocation, Greater Evocation, Illusion focus, greater illusion focus, Epic illusion focus AND Spell Specialty Evocation for a total of +5 Evocation DCs and +3 Illusion

ShinuzukaRakam

don't know if it has been said before but if so sorry about repeat.
your level 31 Spell Specialty feat contain a rule that says "must not contain any (school)" so if I ever took a spell focus in Evocation I cannot take spell specialty Evocation. this is not accurate. in the game it only checks the Epic Spell focus feat. so I can have focus Evocation, Greater Evocation, Illusion focus, greater illusion focus, Epic illusion focus AND Spell Specialty Evocation for a total of +5 Evocation DCs and +3 Illusion

That almost sounds like a bug report for the devs of the game to look into.

My understanding of the Spell Specialty feats (and also noted on the wiki) is that you are not supposed to be able to stack the same school with regular Spell Focus feats and the Specialty feat.

I've always maintained that "Specialty" is not the best term for what these feats are for, which is to gain a buff for a secondary spell school or fighting style, not a buff to your primary school/style.

TUF_rpg

That almost sounds like a bug report for the devs of the game to look into.

My understanding of the Spell Specialty feats (and also noted on the wiki) is that you are not supposed to be able to stack the same school with regular Spell Focus feats and the Specialty feat.

I've always maintained that "Specialty" is not the best term for what these feats are for, which is to gain a buff for a secondary spell school or fighting style, not a buff to your primary school/style.
yes, Cordovan seems to agree that it is a bug when I talked to him. I did report it so we will see what happens. in the meantime it does work

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Build 1.0.0.197 Now Available

Mainly items from U64 and U65 in this one and some minor fixes.

Fix: Item "Gorth's Mage Hand" spell power is now correctly typed as Equipment, not Enhancement (Reported by christhemisss)
Fix: "Eldritch Knight: Knight's Transformation" "Knight's Strike" is now on a separate stance toggle (Reported by keluynn)
Fix: Enhancement trees "Dark Apostate" and "Radiant Servant (Pal)" are no longer mutually exclusive (Reported by zilgabex)
Fix: "Eldritch Knight: Spellsword" now correctly awards 1 Imbue dice at level 3 also [Wiz and Sorc versions] (Rpeorted by Mummykiller)
Fix: Item "The Anarchist's Crossbow" effects will now correctly apply (Reported by Huntxrd)
Fix: Filigree "Electrocution: Electric Spell Power" now has the correct values and effects (Reported by Huntxrd)
Fix: Items Epic/Legendary Diabolists Docent/Robe now have their set bonuses
Fix: Cure Light/Moderate/Serious Wounds are now correctly Dark Hunter spells at levels 2/3/4
Fix: Feats "Spell Speciality: <School>" are now gated by the Epic Spell Focus: <School> feat not the Spell Focus feat. (Reported by TUF_rpg)

Set Bonuses Added:
---Legendary Deadly Diabolist
---Epic Deadly Diabolist

Items Added:
---Legendary Ring of Unnatural Accuracy (Ring) (Reported by DiQuintino)
U65:
---Legendary Thief's Escape (Boots)
---Legendary Ball o' Yarn (Dart)
---Legendary Transmutation Talisman (Trinket)
---Legendary Scarlet Scale Bracers (Bracers)
---Legendary Liar's Fingers (Gloves)
---Legendary Crochet Crusher (Heavy Mace)
---Legendary Scarlet Scalemail (Medium Armor)
U64:
---Legendary Belt of the Black Abishai (Belt)
---Legendary Belt of the Blue Abishai (Belt)
---Legendary Belt of the Green Abishai (Belt)
---Legendary Belt of the Red Abishai (Belt)
---Legendary Belt of the White Abishai (Belt)
---Legendary Pendant of the Blue Abishai (Necklace)
---Legendary Pendant of the Black Abishai (Necklace)
---Legendary Pendant of the Green Abishai (Necklace)
---Legendary Pendant of the Red Abishai (Necklace)
---Legendary Pendant of the White Abishai (Necklace)
---Legendary Diabolist's Ring (Ring)
---Legendary Ring of the Black Abishai (Ring)
---Legendary Ring of the Blue Abishai (Ring)
---Legendary Ring of the Green Abishai (Ring)
---Legendary Ring of the Red Abishai (Ring)
---Legendary Ring of the White Abishai (Ring)
---Legendary Infested Chainmail (Light Armor)
---Legendary Infested Scalemail (Medium Armor)
---Epic Belt of the Black Abishai (Belt)
---Epic Belt of the Blue Abishai (Belt)
---Epic Belt of the Green Abishai (Belt)
---Epic Belt of the Red Abishai (Belt)
---Epic Belt of the White Abishai (Belt)
---Epic Pendant of the Black Abishai (Necklace)
---Epic Pendant of the Blue Abishai (Necklace)
---Epic Pendant of the Green Abishai (Necklace)
---Epic Pendant of the Red Abishai (Necklace)
---Epic Pendant of the White Abishai (Necklace)
---Epic Diabolist's Ring (Ring)
---Epic Ring of the Black Abishai (Ring)
---Epic Ring of the Blue Abishai (Ring)
---Epic Ring of the Green Abishai (Ring)
---Epic Ring of the Red Abishai (Ring)
---Epic Infested Chainmail (Light Armor)
---Epic Infested Scalemail (Medium Armor)

Link in signature.

Aaumini

In the Stormsinger enhancement tree T2 and T3 the Efficient Metamagic was changed a while ago.

1. Each point now cost 2 AP (before they cost 1 AP each)
1. Maximize and Empower can now be taken at only one tier each (before it was possible to get 3 ranks of the same in both tiers)

Vevenna

I'm having an issue with the textboxes and images being too small to see on my computer. Is there any way to make the icons/images and the sections of tables bigger?
Not the windows they're in, I can change those, but the images themselves. For example, in the How To Guide, the enhancement/epic destiny trees are tall enough that you could stack maybe two to fill the height of the screen, and the Class and Levels table is clearly legible, but when I open the program, the trees are so small you would need three/four, and the tables rows are squished together. The pop-up boxes are for the most part fine, it's the main display that's the issue.
Also in the How To Guide it says "By default the first time you run DDOBuilder you get a default screen layout optimised for a standard screen display of 1920 by 1080.", so I'm thinking this might be a default setting that's the issue for my computer? But then there's nowhere in the guide that says how to change the program's resolution. I can't seem to find a relevant line in the .ini config settings, and I'm not sure where else to look.
This looks like an incredible, really helpful program, and I am in awe of how much work must've been put in. I would love to use it, but I can't figure out how to fix the screen display. Am I missing a setting, or is there a work around for this?

Itkovian

I want to create an item data base of named items and be able to filter for items that I own. So I would need to be able to flag items as I acquire them and then be able to filter for the items I own.

On top of that I want the database to be able to show which mule I have stored the item so I can find it easily if I want to use it.

I'm posting here because I am wondering how the item database for the builder is acquired. Is it an export directly from the game files, or the wiki? If anyone would be kind enough to explain how this could be done, as if I am an idiot (because I am), I would very much appreciate it.

Sheikra

I've got a long-term issue where I have never been able to get the epic destiny points to match the in-game amount. Currently, I have 51 allotted points on the builder (for my first life with a +1 destiny tome), and in-game I have 61 or 62. Anyone know how to get this sorted out? I was guessing it might have something to do with having to 'redeem' the points by going around that area via the fatespinner, but not sure!

CBDunk

I've got a long-term issue where I have never been able to get the epic destiny points to match the in-game amount. Currently, I have 51 allotted points on the builder (for my first life with a +1 destiny tome), and in-game I have 61 or 62. Anyone know how to get this sorted out? I was guessing it might have something to do with having to 'redeem' the points by going around that area via the fatespinner, but not sure!

Everyone gets 4 destiny points per level above 20, for a current max of 48 at level 32.
If you have the fatespinner send you to the junction of the spheres and 'redeem' all of the Epic Destiny types then you get 3 FATE points per destiny... with 13 EDs that comes out to 39 fate points total. Every three fate points also give you one additional destiny point... so redeeming all the epic destinies will give you 13 additional destiny points. 48 + 13 = 61. A +1 destiny tome raises that to 62.

Going forward there are a few additional tomes you can use to increase your values (by up to 3 fate points and 3 destiny points total) and you will get one fate point (i.e. 1/3 of a destiny point) for every 3 epic past life feats you acquire. You also get 1 destiny point each time you achieve epic completionist... which requires 12 epic past life feats. So basically, additional destiny points at past life feat totals of 9, 12, 18, 24, 27, 36 (x2), 45, 48, and 54... which is the current maximum number possible. That all comes out to 75 destiny points maximum.

Finally, when the level cap is raised that will provide four more destiny points per additional level possible.