Recent content by Elves United

1. E

New VIP Loyalty Reward Plan ... Thoughts ?

--- That's a big one Month 8: +20 Lesser Heart. I suppose some might go for XP or discovery potion but the rest are newb traps. --- Decent Month 1: 500 DDO points Month 9: +1% chance of named --- Pretty Weak Month 2: Legendary Bypass timer. Only thing of any real value. Month 3...
  2. E

Where O. Where O has the VIP Benefit Updates Gone?

The proposed benefits update wasn't well received. It was a mix of useless abilities ( like fletching ), cosmetics, and a +20 heart after a year. Which makes sense as they don't actually want to give VIP players a power upgrade over non-VIP players. 1) Not all VIP players care about...
  3. E

DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

This game is their bread and butter. The only reason they wouldn't be constantly working on it is if they are at an impasse that only outside technical support that they have to wait for can fix.
  4. E

Curse of Overloaded & Cleansing cards

As long as the curse of overloading does nothing. ( has no negative effects ) then it's just like the curse of masterworks which I have on my +2 Stat reaper helm. ( which also does nothing ) and it isn't that harsh.
  5. E

Devs, you fixing the frame rate issue?

Interesting observation as I play with my warlock tank. ( my go to character during times of lag or server issues ) I finish a quest and I'm in bad shape. Takes multiple mouse swipes to turn and I'm started to stutter when I move. Time to quit and relaunch! But out of habit once I leave the...
  6. E

Ah good the DDO launcher now has a message acknowledging the issue, stating the workaround, and saying they are working on a fix. That's what was needed.
  7. E

This is silly. The frame rate issue is a major problem. It damages gameplay and makes the game look bad for new players. I'm surprised they haven't put up a notice in the ddo startup screen acknowledging the problem, say they are working on it, telling what can be done to mitigate it...
  8. E

Please fix the fps issue

This needs to be fixed ASAP. It's very annoying to us. But I shudder to think what new players are experiencing. They're going to think the game is broken.
  9. E

SSG Please stop blaming and punishing players for accidently stumbling into your bugs - Curse of the Overloaded

Just removing all the curses would be enough to punish exploiters. But to render the item useless with a curse of overloading that if I'm reading this right cripples the move speed of a character and is only reversible by a card of cleansing which I've never seen drop ever for anyone...
  10. E

FPS degrading with each subsequent quest.

I thought something was going wrong with my mouse sensitivity! Frame rate makes more sense.
  11. E

Downtime Notice: Wednesday, February 28th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

I don't even know how it was done deliberately. Much less by accident. ( Though some have been providing theories ) Personally I don't have any items with multiple curses and seems foolish to me to take advantage of an exploit that could come back to bite you. That said server population is...
  12. E

Downtime Notice: Wednesday, February 28th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

If it was possible to get multiple curses on an item by accident then a special uncursing card that only works with overloaded should be buyable from vendors for platinum. Even then, requiring a card of cleansing which last I checked has a drop rate roughly equal to winning the big prize in...
  13. E

Lamannia Update 66 Preview 2 - Epic Destiny Refresh

What bugged me about Shiradi is that back when they first put the new epic destinies on Lam everyone in the forums told them that Shiradi was overpowered for casters and that it would be the primary damage source for magic missile spammers in particular. The max caster level of dragonbreath...
  14. E

Melee: If you have a lot of sneak attack dice then the epic strike and epic strike upgrade are good. Though it would probably take a freakish amount of sneak dice to compete with Adrenaline. Lithe form and Shadowstriker and evasion are good abilities. The expanded melee range and apply...
  15. E

But you left out the best part! It has a save! So it is completely useless as the only enemies powerful enough to worth wasting an attack to cast a debuff on would likely be powerful enough to make the save. Tier 5 Shadowdancer ( with exception of Weird [ and only that if you are a very...