Recent content by Ethril

1. E

What's the "best" element for Dragon Lord?

Ah, I see. Thanks, I missed that.
  2. E

What's the "best" element for Dragon Lord?

Where are you seeing that it strips immunity? I didn't see that in the release notes or on the wiki, but it's possible I just missed it in there somewhere.
  3. E

Social State of the Game: In Tatters

The first half of the Cogs quests are 15 (17 on elite or reaper) so many people don't want to join a party with people above 17.
  4. E

What could be done to make "Past Lives" more interesting?

Even when I'm an iconic, I still run a lot of it for favor. But, being higher level makes many of the quests much quicker to run. I'd still run a lot of it at 4 or 7 as well since a lot of those quests are for the Coin Lords which opens up more inventory.
  5. E

What will AI do with DDO code?

Yes, from a very high level, it can be useful. Though, in my tests, algorithms it generated were often buggy to the point of being useless. My comment was a response to someone saying "AI can write you a script" which, it can't reliably do.
  6. E

Or just allow us to start at level 4 or 7 with a reincarnated character if we've unlocked or bought that feature.
  7. E

More Epic Level 23-26 Quests

Are you talking epic reincarnations? I can typically do 2 epic past lives each life pretty easily. If you mean heroic past lives, that should have no bearing on it (well, it might make it slightly easier due to build points and past life feats).
  8. E

DDO and end of life for Windows 10

Running Windows programs on Linux isn't emulation thats why WINE's full name is (Wine Is Not an Emulator). Emulation refers to mimicking the hardware of a system (such as QEMU does). WINE, on the other hand, just adds the Windows system calls to an OS that is already running on the same...
  9. E

DDO and end of life for Windows 10

What issues were you having? I run Windows 10 and haven't ran into anything, but it could be related to hardware differences, driver differences, or other programs on the system.
  10. E

More Epic Level 23-26 Quests

Tangleroot and Sorrowdusk don't have the same issue as their levels are consecutive. Threnal goes higher and then lower again. Delera's has that issue, but the devs resolved so it still functions on HC.
  11. E

It's possible that they are referring to systemic lag rather than individual lag.
  12. E

The only things I can think of is if they are: 1. Loading these values frequently instead of caching them 2. Checking for these values frequently 3. Feats in general cause lag so the more of them a character has, the laggier they are The first one is unlikely and should be easy to fix. I...
  13. E

That's probably not how it's stored. It's likely in a relational database rather than bit flags.
  14. E

Unless I'm missing something, you shouldn't need to shut down any of the other servers. One server *shouldn't* impact another.
  15. E

What will AI do with DDO code?

Speaking as a software engineer with over 25 years in the field, it can't even do that well. I played around with ChatGPT and asked it to write several simple programs to see what it would come up with. In at least 1/2 of the cases, the code would either not compile, would throw runtime...