Dungeons & Dragons Online Forums

Official News and Information The latest news and announcements for Dungeons & Dragons Online

Announcements

Get the latest news here.
Threads
Threads

Service News

Check here for the latest service announcements and known issues from the DDO team.
Threads
Threads

Release Notes

Read about updates to the game here.
Threads
Threads

DDO Store Sales and Promotions

For special sales and promotions, be sure to check the DDO Store!
Threads
Threads

Developer Diaries and Official Discussions

Read from our developers and give us feedback in official discussions! NOTE: Official Discussions do not permit debates between players and are more heavily moderated than typical threads. Stay on topic!
Threads
Threads

Dungeons & Dragons Online General Forums General discussion about Dungeons & Dragons Online happens here.

New Player Advice and Guidance

If you are a new player or want to help newer players this is the place.
Threads
Threads

General Discussion

Threads
Threads

Suggestions

If you have a great idea for the game, post it here!
Threads
Threads

Off Topic

Anything not directly related to Dungeons & Dragons Online, including general discussion about the D&D IP, goes here.
Threads
Threads

Lamannia Forums and Discussion Everything related to Lamannia goes here! NOTE: Discussions about Lamannia posted in other sections of the forum will be moved here.

Lamannia News and Official Discussions

The place to be for official feedback, information, and discussion about updates on Lamannia from the team!
Threads
Threads

Lamannia General Discussion

General open beta topics that don't fit anywhere else.
Threads
Threads

Lamannia Bug Discussion

Remember to file a bug here first: https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Threads
Threads

Dungeons & Dragons Online Focused Forums

Races

Threads
Threads

Gameplay and Game Systems

This is the place to discuss DDO's game systems and gameplay-specific topics.
Threads
Threads

Crafting

Discuss anything related to Cannith and other item crafting systems in DDO here.
Threads
Threads

Quests, Raids, Wilderness Areas and Challenges

Discuss questing, adventure areas, raids, and Challenges here!
Threads
Threads
  • dur

User Interface

Threads
Threads

PvP

This is the place for fans of PvP to chat!
Threads
Threads

Cosmetic Items

Threads
Threads

Dungeons & Dragons Online Community Forums Content creators, guide writers, role playing and more!

Creators and Makers

Podcasters, streamers, video makers, bloggers, artists, and anyone else doing something creative here!
Threads
Threads

Player Events

Threads
Threads

Guilds and Recruitment

Looking for a guild or looking to grow your guild? Post here!
Threads
Threads
Threads

Tabletop and Role Playing

Threads
Threads

Player-Run DDO Wiki Discussion

Questions about the Wiki? Editing? Talk about it here!
Threads
Threads

Server-Specific Discussions

Hardcore

Threads
Threads

Argonnessen

Threads
Threads

Cannith

Threads
Threads

Ghallanda

Threads
Threads

Khyber

Threads
Threads

Orien

Threads
Threads

Sarlona

Threads
Threads

Thelanis

Threads
Threads

Wayfinder

Threads
Threads

Player to Player Support Forums You can reach Customer Support here: https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new Use this forum to help each other with bugs and other concerns.

Account Support

Threads
Threads

Technical Support

Threads
Threads

Bug Discussion

Threads
Threads

Latest profile posts

Random things:

DId you know you could disease reapers? I didn't. I found that cackle fever was a nice reaper CC on the DA lives.

There are enemies that will recast death ward instantly even while stunned/paralyzed/etc. Very annoying that you dispel it while they are CCed, and it immediately comes back up.
Well finally done with the Dragonlord past lives, and have switched into a Dark Apostate on my main. I would have loved to stay Dragonlord to be honest, but I expect it will get nerfed into the ground soon. It is just too good as is.

Anyway Dark Apostate has been both fun and frustrating.

Good:
* Well this is mostly about Death domain, not Dark Apostate per say. Huge Necro dc boosts, great SLAs. Immunity to energy drain is redundant with Dark Apostate undead form, but if you don't run that it's good.
* The 200% scaling Harm spell in the T5 is a lot of fun, especially for self healing. 5% spellcrit for a few classes of spells is nice in the T5 too (plus more necro boosts)
* Overall damage is pretty good for leveling assuming you can hurt them (see ugly below)
* Good synergy with the Divine Disciple tree (probably better than the Dark Apostate tree overall, but you really want some of the DA T5s)
* Does surprisingly well fighting most undead with a bit of light power, plus autodestroy on turn undead (if you take it)

Bad:
* Several of your abilities are not consistent and/or bugged. The evil damage from Bane/Prayer/etc does not trigger some abilities like extra spellpower when casting alignment spells, but if you crit with them, it will trigger spellpoints on crits with alignment spells.
* Your evil damage doesn't work on a large number of champions and other enemies. Based on my testing, every enemy in this list is "immune" (you don't actually get an immune message). https://ddowiki.com/page/Mind_Block
* Enemies that cast mass death ward instantly when you walk in a room suck for a long time. I feel like Magus of the Eclipse mantle is absolutely required for this build since it has the only functional dispel magic in the game.

Ugly:
* Oh boy do I hate Iron Golems (and other constructs) on this build. With the inability to curse them, you can't get your decent evil damage on them. You can't use necro power on them. You can't use fire on them. I ended up having to skip Epic Von4 this life because I couldn't deal with the iron golems. With the lack of groups on top of that, this is nearly a game breaker for playing this build. There are entirely too many things immune to negative and clerics don't really get spells that can deal with them effectively. It got so bad I was almost tempted to take Macrotechnic and get the rust damage upgrade on it's strike. *sigh*
* Another big issue is liches and things like the Wizking that are immune to 6th level and under spells. Clerics have so few spells that actually do anything past level 6 that you are on a huge cooldown while waiting to try to nuke these guys again. While not quite as bad as iron golems (since you can at least use fire) it does add a very aggrevatingly long time to boss kills.

Now I am only level 28 so far. I have't tried to run my Reapers yet at cap. I suspect I am going to have a very horrible time in Sharn, and Ravenloft at minimum due to the Iron Golems.

Overall while I want to try to make this work as my main, I gotta give it a 6 out of 10 just due to the bugs, and inability to really do any dungeon with constructs well.

One suggestion I would have for SSG is allow bestow curse to land on constructs, etc once you have the 4th core in Dark Apostate. This would let us do our evil damage and at least give us a small tool to help bring them down. Honestly I think the curse should do an immunity bypass to allow 50% of the necrotic damage to land (not 100% bypass). That would allow the DA to at least use their higher level spells to damage stuff.
In case of zombies...

291654_178987528840941_6548848_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rumor