Search results

1. Onyxia2016

Population in recent months

I can not speak to how active the servers are at any given time as I stopped playing in March. DDO Audit will have the information you are looking for and goes back to March of 2020 so you have historical data to reference. You can look at their About page to get an idea how it is down as well...
  2. Onyxia2016

Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

I think this needs to be put back in the oven, because it is a half baked idea.
  3. Onyxia2016

How many hours do you DDO a week?

I picked the less than 5 hours as there is not a no longer play option. I guess 0 is less than 5 so it works.
  4. Onyxia2016

New VIP Loyalty Reward Plan ... Thoughts ?

Years in the making, tons of player suggestions and this is what was decided on? Still happy with my decision to drop my sub after many, many years. The fact that being a loyal subscriber for years means nothing as the timed rewards start in May for everyone. This is like those really nice...
  5. Onyxia2016

Red Dragon Breath Post 66

The bugs are getting way out of hand. The issues with lag is getting worst not better. Wife and I played on Wayfinder and even we noticed it and that is saying something. The new Dragon Lord archetype, the pièce de résistance, for the latest update was not even released without bugs. The...
  6. Onyxia2016

DDO is based on the 3e ruleset. So in this case my statement stands. Now if DDO is wanting to move away from 3e then it should make the move as mixing rulesets just creates a nightmare. You have rules that have been tested by millions over the years. Changing even one thing that deviates from...
  7. Onyxia2016

DDO debugging issues (as crowdsourced by many players advice)

Depending on your setup, verify the GPU the game is using. For example I have a laptop that has both the iGPU (Intel as well as a Nvidia GPU. originally the game only used the iGPU. What was strange is that selecting the GPU from the launcher did not see to do anything. I switched it in the...
  8. Onyxia2016

Vish back for a moment, whats new?

@Vish I would love to say this was just bad timing but it as been par for the course lately.
  9. Onyxia2016

Performance issues: not really fixed?

Well that is one way to slow players down and reduce lag 🤪
  10. Onyxia2016

Sincere question: Why is Epic/Legendary Losing Community Engagement?

For a longtime now, patches/expansions have added more and more overhead resulting in the game getting slower and more buggy as time goes on. As workarounds and patches are staked on top each other, there is no wonder the game runs worse now with fewer players, on much better hardware. One...
  11. Onyxia2016

Performance issues: not really fixed?

Haven't logged in for 1 1/2 weeks. Was just to much of a pain in the backside to deal with. Year ago I would be surprised something like this would take so long to fix but anymore it does not.
  12. Onyxia2016

Orien is lagging very bad now

Orien hasn't had 700 players on in many, many years. In 2023 the most was 462 and so far this year it's been hovering around 300. I suspect the devs piled one to many changes/re-calculations on top of the original code base that it finally blew up.
  13. Onyxia2016

And with this latest round of changes DDO is about as close to D&D as WoW or Diablo. Magic users should always have the highest damage output at higher levels period. They can not take a hit as they are a glass cannon. So now melee cannot only out damage a caster they can also take countless...
  14. Onyxia2016

Artficer Archetype - the Forgewarden

Oh I know. How about the pseudo dragon thing from the coffer buddle as an iron defender alternative.
  15. Onyxia2016

Upcoming game update 66.0.2

Yep that are to far down the rabbit hole to turn back now. That should have been the decision last Thursday after the hotfix, that did not damage than the original update.
  16. Onyxia2016

Artficer Archetype - the Forgewarden

That sounds like a pretty good suggestion. I used the turrets in heroic with some success and fun. Having them viable in epics would be pretty nice. As @Smokewolf suggested, instead of a mutt have a fire elemental. I say a fire elemental mutt. :giggle:
  17. Onyxia2016

not-so-hidden Myth Drannor teaser

Quiet you, Don't give them any ideas. ;)
  18. Onyxia2016

SSG's inconsistency is going to make the rest of the playerbase Leave.

The factual evidence is there for anyone willing to dig into it to see. However the rose color googles have to come off and look at it objectively. Why is it that anyone that says anything to raise a level of concern is accused of beating a drum of doom. Is it because this should be swept under...
  19. Onyxia2016

not-so-hidden Myth Drannor teaser

Nope hard pass. That is not the true D&D way. If that happens they should just cancel the IP license with WotC. and call it Albion Online, oh wait that was already done and it is horrible. Fighter, Cleric, Wizard and Rouge (and Elf some reason was a class). That's what you had to work with back...
  20. Onyxia2016

Prioritize fixing reincarnation bank problems

Oh, no doubt. I would not want then to be BTA from the start so they are tradeable but after you equip it is when it goes BTA instead of BTC