Search results

1. mbartol

Drunken & Dragons

I love the “you should not play DDO if you are a first life” one. So, nobody should ever start as a new player, play an alt, or play on HC server?
  2. mbartol

Will SSG follow through with their word and actually fix the issues with VIP?

To expand on my earlier statement, VIP updates are likely done by SSG’s perspective, as FaceDancer noted above.
  3. mbartol

Downtime Notice: Wednesday, May 8th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

The bugs are exhausted after having free rein all these years, so are taking it easy. Rest assured, they will regroup in time for Myth Drannor.
  4. mbartol

What Single Thing about DDO do you Hate the Most?

Flagging for quests is not just anannoying as an obstacle to grouping. I find it annoying as a solo players too. For example, if you need to farm an item in the second Sharn chain, you have to complete the whole first chain.
  5. mbartol

VIP program is going to literally cost SSG money - not a whiny quit post

Painfully true. Many good ideas have been suggested since Tolero asked the community about it 2 years ago.
  6. mbartol

Thanks for Nothing SSG

You’re right, nobody would be complaining about it if it didn’t exist. But SSG did create this disparity between people who have supported most loyalty with regard to purchasing expansions, and those who have not. I purchased the highest tier of every expansion with cash, and I am happy with...
  7. mbartol

Perhaps if on a given month, you have the option to select from any of the previous months that were unclaimed. This way, a player that missed a month can choose which reward is left unclaimed. It’s not perfect, but it would solve the issue where one missed month prevents you from claiming the...
  8. mbartol

Ouch! I was upset when I realized I hadn’t turned in one of my completed sagas before TRing. I couldn’t imagine 17 or 21 sagas.
  9. mbartol

Whose Excited about the Upcoming Dragon Mount?

I want a “mount” like Patsy from The Holy Grail following behind me clomping coconut shells together (as well as the speed increase).
  10. mbartol

I’ve had airfare refunded many times. Usually in the form of a credit, but have had my credit card refunded on more than one occasion. I’m not asking for a refund from SSG, though. I just believe that if you paid for all 12 items, you should be able to receive all 12 items.
  11. mbartol

Just hope that everything gets fixed in the initial patches during this first week. Any bugs not resolved in this timeframe get dumped on the ever-growing pile, as dev time is reassigned to new development.
  12. mbartol

What Three Things Do You Love Most about DDO?

I get that you’re trying to spark discussion, but some questions work better being open-ended. Polls do have their place, but shouldn’t be used in every case.
  13. mbartol

I agree that encouraging logging in is good, but missing out on unique prizes that were paid for is not.
  14. mbartol

Not really, because subscribing monthly costs nearly double the cost of an annual subscription. Also, not everyone knows ahead of time that something will prevent them from logging (broken computer for instance).
  15. mbartol

It’s similar to the gold rolls (either daily or weekly) in that it encourages periodic logins. However, gold rolls are independent of previous rolls—unlike the monthly prizes. Missing a month (for whatever reason) results in you losing out on the prizes on the back end of your subscription...
  16. mbartol

You're going to take this VIPLP and you're going to like it.

Nah, a plausible straw man is needed to demonstrate that every player that is dissatisfied with SSG’s BS is wrong. Everyone just needs to drink the cool aid and praise the quality of the polished turd.
  17. mbartol

Does Anyone Ever Use DDO to Substitute the Experience of a PnP Session as I think the Game may have Originally be Intended for?

We 2nd ed players have difficulty relying on our memories, though I do remember it fondly. I played 2nd ed from middle school through college and took a couple years break when I started grad school. That couple of years stretched out another few years until some friends were starting a 3rd ed...
  18. mbartol

If someone gets a one year subscription and is unable to login for a month for whatever reason, then they will only receive 11 of the items out of the 12 months. They would be required to sub for a 13th month to get the mount (assuming they only missed one month).
  19. mbartol

Multiboxing

The free DDO quest codes, along with making most races & classes free to play, made secondary accounts a lot more accessible.