Search results

1. rabidfox

Server packet losses - lag and rubberbanding today

As a couple minutes ago (11:35am EST give or take) tons of packet losses on argo. Rubberbanding and issues for those in my party. And guildies (not in my group) reporting the same issues. No clue about other servers' status.
  2. rabidfox

Heads up: toggle on embolden globally

For those that might not read deep into existing threads, it looks like a fix for embolden working on SLAs was part of this weeks update. Many SLAs are still missing toggles to individually turn embolden on/off but if you toggle it on globally it'll likely apply to them all (it's possible some...
  3. rabidfox

Warlock 1st life debuffer build and no-raid gear set (for fire fiend/AotS builds) as of u67

As part of a 1st life challenge https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/lava-divers-presents-first-life-raid-push-challenge.10267 I've been putting together builds and gearset for different playstyles. I'm posting the gear set first as it should work for most fire based warlocks (fiend or...
  4. rabidfox

Tumble interface stopping left clicking attacks?

Back when the runearm interface was made moveable, it would occasionally cause held down left click attacks to stop working and you'd have to reclick to get them working again. I'm noticing my warlock attacks will stop and it'll sometimes take up multiple clicks to get them working again. If I...
  5. rabidfox

Reaper lockout change from u59 still missing from release notes.

In u59, the hard reaper lockout between heroics and epics was removed to prep for Vecna. This lets people do heroic quests while level 20 or above (follows the same +4 lvl lockout), so you could do Vecna 18's on r1 on a lvl 20 character for example. This change got mentioned again on the...
  6. rabidfox

Weapon auras and Date Night Bouquet

Has anyone checked if any weapon auras work on mirrored Date Night Bouquet? I know my mirrored Bouquet of Flowers from the store never worked with auras, so I assume the new item from Fred's quest doesn't either (so not gonna waste a mirror to test); but if anyone has mirrored the new one, is it...
  7. rabidfox

Hires that are decent to use

Someone had suggested me posting the hires that I think are good recently and since I just made this post on another thread, I'm copy/pasting it as it's own entry. I'd grab the name of all the hires in my dim. hire folder but the game is down so will have to do that later. Add any hires you...
  8. rabidfox

How to LR/ER an iconic into an archetype

Some people get confused or don't know the method to LR/ER an iconic's base class into an archetype. This can be done with a LR+0 heart (at 15+) or an ER (at 30+). The method requires you to select your class type instead of "iconic" on the character creation screen. If you miss this step during...
  9. rabidfox

Warlock blast happens instead of spell cast

I don't really know if this a "bug" or more a systematic aspect of how the game engine handles queuing of things. After running a bunch of back to back warlock lives, I've routinely noticed where I'll be done killing stuff, have stopped left-mouse blast attacking for a few seconds, and press a...
  10. rabidfox

Lag tonight in Hunt (well, it's like this most nights)

Hunt and FoM are such a bouncy laggy mess most of the time (other raids way less so compared to them). I don't know what it about those 2 raids, but being bounced around like this is pretty excessive. This was at 8:21 EST (from checking the recording time stamp) if it helps SSG track down...
  11. rabidfox

Lava Divers Presents - First Life Raid Push Challenge

Lava Divers First Life Raid Push Challenge Season 1 Raid - Project Nemesis Goal: This exercise is to provide Lava Divers and friends a challenge to further develop raid push caliber skills and continue working...
  12. rabidfox

Runearms on non-artis and how they feel

Now that the u66 update allows runearm DCs to work off int/cha/wis via machrotechnic, I figured it was time to give them a good rundown on an alt that's not my artificer main. I found the experience to be mediocre compared to what I'm used to. The lack of stable charges meant I couldn't open...
  13. rabidfox

Vote for next monster

I'm hoping Carrionette will take us back to Ravenloft.
  14. rabidfox

Suggestion: add casual raid difficulty

Just going to preface this with: I have zero interest in this suggestion myself, it's not something I need as I don't have issues getting & doing raids. But from other posts, some people have trouble finding raid groups based off their time zone & current server populations and/or have trouble...
  15. rabidfox

Suggestion: add anniversary champs that have party favors

I personally can only stand farming out the anniversary quest so many times before I feel burnout. It'd be nice if we had anniversary champs that had chests with party favors (or if regular champ chest had a chance for them). I know there's party punch in the store, but that actually requires...
  16. rabidfox

Suggestion: tumble setting toggle

I'm not sure what the plan is long term with experimental tumble moving to the non-experimental phase. I just wanted to suggest leaving the toggle in the settings for (block on shift then tumble on next movement push) vs (tumble on shift when moving) and renaming that toggle to reflect this...
  17. rabidfox

Suggestions: Add spell threat reduction to Steel's coffee flask

Just quickly putting this suggestion out there before u66 hits and this years anniversary event comes out alongside it; in the hope that there could be time to put this into the update too. Steel's Eternal Flask of Soothing Happy Calm Times Coffee from the anniversary event has threat reduction...
  18. rabidfox

How CL and MCL work for spells

Many folks look at the combat log and assume that's what level their spell is casting at, but CL (caster level) in the log is based off bunch of different values and has nothing to do MCL (max caster level). You can cast a spell with MCL of 10 and see CL40 in the log, but it's casting at 10 cap...
  19. rabidfox

Memorial ribbons and shard prices

These shard exchanges listings for an item that once had 10 of them given away for free per player and extras sold for 100 points each is pretty bad. Knowing why the ribbons exist makes is seem extra inappropriate to me. https://transfers.ddo.com/en/news/one-fund-memorial-ribbon I get that it's...
  20. rabidfox

Suggestion: make spell augmentation items give CL & MCL increases

SSG should revisit items like: Reflection of Wave +5 CL on cold spells Helm of the Red Dragon +3 CL on fire spells All the items on this list: https://ddowiki.com/page/Spell_Augmentation All this gear that increases CL means nothing if people are MCL capped (and now even epic abilities will be...