DDO is celebrating the Year of the Dragon

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Happy Lunar New Year!

Funnily, I did wonder (for a moment) if someone had advised on the monthly bonus reward placement, as the third lunar month of April, which is also the representation of the Dragon during the twelve months of the year, would also represent fortune and bounty. And that happens to be giving something away related to expansions or if you have them, you have an elixir of discovery instead. Quite the reward drop potential (fortune).

Although I did look at the other months after, and some had a lot less to do with their usual representations (would have either required extensive deep dive into Chinese Metaphysics or REALLY stretched the definitions to make it seem like they were related), so I think it might just a fluke that SSG got the Dragon Month (of the Dragon Year) to drop the "Fortune" on players (via an elixir or from the xpack cache - whatever that is). But some of those other months rewards do nearly fit into the criteria for those lunar months as well (some more so than others, and of course some less so). Of course, some others might have been just filler they needed to place somewhere, unsure :p. But interesting to see nontheless.

J1NG

GrayJedi AntiProPaladin

"The goal is to have every gift be associated with a visit to an NPC located in the Eberron Hall of Heroes."

would be Hella Cool if the NPC look like this Gold Dragon here bcuz ya'kno like Chinese/Asian/Lunar Zodiac that Year of the DRAGON is based from...

but just in case the artwork isn't ready yet.. it could be like it's a polymorphed regular bipedal race/species that we see at first, and then later in the Year of the Dragon transforms back to Asian Dragon form or something like that.... well one can hope :love:

Buddha5440

#1 This is absolutely awesome! Stunning. Absolutely stunning!

#2 I will NEVER say a bad word about the DDO SSG team again.

#3 Can I Uber Eats/DoorDash the SSG team at PAX?

#4 If blue dragon wings exist then... RED dragon wings exist as well? (small preview?)

#5 Green Dragon Mount ???
I've already got #2 saved for an easy access quote in the future. ;)

but seriously, this sounds AWESOME!!! Thanks y'all!
(y)(y) (y)

giphy.gif

Mobius

Xatheral is lurking in the lower level of the HoH, near the bottom of the ramp. It's a visit that I will look forward to repeating each month!

Reactions: DBZ

Dunspartacus

Yes, I see that now. However, it's not all that clear if you just look at the box and not the date.
I think it may have been so close to the end of March because they promised a VIP update in Q1, which doesn't look like is actually happening, so they're doing a stopgap in *barely technically* Q1 while they delay it. Again. For like the 3rd year in a row. It's like when someone (definitely not me) tells their professor they'll have they're essay in by the end of the day and then submits it 6 minutes before midnight (again definitely not me).

Jasparius

I got VIP assuming it would be for the month of March.

Will there ever be a day when you can just be clear with anything ?

4 days out of the month is not a monthly bonus.

Ellisaria

Yep this is clear now. But if you show a monthly calendar people will assume its for each month.
Yeah, the wording could have been clearer or the exact dates displayed up front without the "gacha" of having to hover over the boxes to see the exact run dates.