DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

Volarr

The misconception here is that SSG (owes you or me something for the unexpected downtime) THEY DO NOT. So get over it already and just be glad that you still have this game to play. Yes, like you I don't like downtime, but it is going to happen. It is not planned. they have no control over it. There for they don't owe you or me for it.

Volarr

IMO We are so lucky to have this Game to play. It is like this.

I play the Free version, you're playing for free, you were also given a free code for almost all content that many others have payed for. Content you would have never had unless you to payed for it moving you to a Premium account. IMO (prepaid for any downtime)

Or I Play the Premium version, you play for free except when you wish to purchase items or content to further your game. you also were given a free code for almost all content. That code saved you money IMO (prepaid for any downtime)

Lastly. I play a VIP version you are paying for extra privileges or perks more content is unlocked for you. You are always compensated in some way for downtime.

I personally have played all three ways.

I hope I die before they go broke and turn the lights off here.

Sylvado

IMO We are so lucky to have this Game to play. It is like this.

I play the Free version, you're playing for free, you were also given a free code for almost all content that many others have payed for. Content you would have never had unless you to payed for it moving you to a Premium account. IMO (prepaid for any downtime)

Or I Play the Premium version, you play for free except when you wish to purchase items or content to further your game. you also were given a free code for almost all content. That code saved you money IMO (prepaid for any downtime)

Lastly. I play a VIP version you are paying for extra privileges or perks more content is unlocked for you. You are always compensated in some way for downtime.

I personally have played all three ways.

I hope I die before they go broke and turn the lights off here.
but I am immortal

Volarr

but I am immortal
Then all your accounts should be VIP, and what is a little downtime to an immortal you should never be compensated, you should be able to pay forever to keep the lights on and support SSG. So we mortals all can play for free......

Last edited:

Genkiba

Yep for sure. I mean, wow awesome, one you post there Cordovans response was quote unquote "Crazy", wow thats a hell of an update, thanks for posting that one. Maybe check some of the ones you have listed as examples, some were 8 hours apart or longer, AND in direct response to someone else's post.

To save you a bit of reading of your own messages:

3.05 PM Saturday
3.31 PM Saturday
7.03 PM Saturday
8.28 PM Saturday
9.54 PM Saturday
10.33 PM Saturday
3.00 AM Sunday
8.09 AM Sunday
3.53 PM Sunday (save you the maths that nearly 8 hours overlap)
11.49 PM Sunday (again save you the maths thats nearly 8 hours overlap)
1.20 AM Yesterday - Yes i am sure people are working on it, massive update that one
1.04 AM Yesterday
1.56 AM Yesterday - Crazy, i have to say that update really blew me away and made me feel that worlds opening was only minutes away
4.20 AM Yesterday - Response to a question about build servers, not exactly related to whether things were on the way up
4.58 AM Yesterday

You read into my post what you wanted to. 2 blocks of 8 hours to me is a period of silence, as i highlighted above. I wont disagree for a minute that on Saturday they were all over it with updates, and thats fine. Come Sunday, wheels fell off and meh, whatever. Yesterday looks like the wheels of communication kicked into gear again and off we went. But and there is a but, there were two updates that didnt really say much between 3.00 AM Sunday and 11.49 PM Sunday and that is what is called Silence.
Cordovan was on actual vacation, not just the holiday. He mentioned he was traveling and had to rely on rest stop wifi.

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Evangelon

Hey everyone, just a quick update! I have confirmed that we are extending the VIP Daily Gold Rolls until 4/26.

Plus, be on the lookout for something extra coming from us as a way of saying thank you for your patience!
thank you! hope the scramble didnt ruin too many holidays (bad as it is not to be able to play a game on our time off, its worse to have to work!)

as for the extra reward, I appreciate the gesture and the sentiment behind it.

Seldarin

Cordovan was on actual vacation, not just the holiday. He mentioned he was traveling and had to rely on rest stop wifi.
Totally understand that, so Cordovan is the only one that can provide updates? Not a great idea having a single point of failure. So what in essence is being said, is that if Cordovan was ill during this time, there wouldnt have been any updates at all?

Jasparius

Totally understand that, so Cordovan is the only one that can provide updates? Not a great idea having a single point of failure. So what in essence is being said, is that if Cordovan was ill during this time, there wouldnt have been any updates at all?

When something serious happens you absolutely want a single source of truth.

• Haha

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
When something serious happens you absolutely want a single source of truth.
"Well, I mean, yes idealism, yes the dignity of pure research, yes the pursuit of truth in all its forms, but there comes a point I'm afraid where you begin to suspect that the entire multidimensional infinity of the Universe is almost certainly being run by a bunch of maniacs."

• Haha

Genkiba

He is the community manager.

You realize that DDO has a really small team, right? Work stopped on the VIP rewards when the one dev working on it passed away.

• Haha

Buddha5440

Who of you forumites complaining about the downtime and asking for Otto Boxes and such would EVER work while on a holiday weekend, let alone an actual VACATION???

Kudos to you Cordo, and the rest of the SSG team. :)

Eulrik878

This is the most boomer wall of text I've seen here in a while.
Just to clarify from the wikipedia -
Baby boomers, often shortened to boomers, are the demographic cohort following the Silent Generation and preceding Generation X. The generation is often defined as people born from 1946 to 1964 during the mid-20th century baby boom. The dates, the demographic context, and the cultural identifiers may vary by country.[1][2][3][4] Most baby boomers are the children of either the Greatest Generation or the Silent Generation, and are often parents of Gen Xers and Millennials.