Kali's Barbarian Ravager THF CON Melee DPS build

Kalibano

Build Designer & Fun Lover!
the self heals
i am mostly limited to the rage heal from fury. its nice but not the greatest
Do you use Accelerated Metabolism? I don't recall this being particularly strong when my Ravager was a FB T5 (long ago). Besides, many who go all in for damage don't take it at all.

Ravagers get slightly better self-heals:
Blood Strength: Each time you land a hit there is a 12% chance you heal positive damage equal to half your Barbarian level. Each time you kill an opponent you are healed for 20 hit points. This healing scales with 100% Melee Power. Blood Strength has a one-second cooldown when you kill an enemy.

Last edited:

Hobgoblin

and im not critizing your posting style and only responding cause you asked - i liked the original version you had without the spoiler tags. i kinda like being able to just scroll

Hobgoblin

Do you use Accelerated Metabolism? I don;t recall this being particularly strong when my Ravager was a FB T5 (long ago).

Ravagers get slightly better self-heals:
Blood Strength: Each time you land a hit there is a 12% chance you heal positive damage equal to half your Barbarian level. Each time you kill an opponent you are healed for 20 hit points. This healing scales with 100% Melee Power. Blood Strength has a one-second cooldown when you kill an enemy.
that is the whole reason i want ravager!

the t5 either has the heal over time or extra w while raged. its not nearly enough heals for me so i go with the +w

Kalibano

i more wanted to see other peoples perspectives
Sure thing. I feel what you got there, in broad terms, seem fine.

You should consider posting a thread with more specifics about the build, if you are keen to hear people's perspectives.
Speaking from personal experience, it's very daunting, I know, as there are many who are not particularly constructive, kind, nor helpful, but you do get some who are keen to share their experience and give advice in a friendly and constructive manner :)

In the end, you should do/play what feels fun to you, and not conform to rigid playstyles that suit other people's tastes!

Last edited:

Kalibano

and im not critizing your posting style and only responding cause you asked - i liked the original version you had without the spoiler tags. i kinda like being able to just scroll
Thanks for sharing your opinion, I don't feel criticised, so worries at all :)

I did consider that it might become a bit too click-heavy, so feedback like this is useful.
Perhaps I should leave the images out of the buttons, and just hide the lists/breakdowns?

I'll see what others have to say, very appreciative of your sincerity (y)

Kalibano

Just out of curiosity, why 'Weapon Focus: Bludgeoning'?
For melee power (and for lack of a better option).

Both weapon focus feats replaced Cleave and Greater Cleave, though with the recent changes to +[W], I wonder if it will be worth swapping them back in :unsure:

Last edited:

HoopleHead

For melee power (and for lack of a better option).

Both weapon focus feats replaced Cleave and Greater Cleave, though with the recent changes to +[W], I wonder if it will be worth swapping them back in :unsure:
As long as they aren't sharing a CDT with anything else you use as a primary action then I would think you WOULD want them back in the rotation

Kalibano

As long as they aren't sharing a CDT with anything else you use as a primary action then I would think you WOULD want them back in the rotation
Thanks for your suggestion (y)
Prior to the +[W] changes, there were some who suggested they were redundant on a build that uses strikethrough, especially as they interrupted the attack sequence chain. I tested taking them out and replacing them for more melee power, and indeed found it not to be a major loss.

Now that they do actual +% damage, I would also think it might be worth having them. My understanding was that one of the reasons to implement the change was exactly to incentivize use of +[W] attacks, so I should feel incentivized lol

Last edited:

HoopleHead

Now that they do actual +% damage, I would also think it might be worth having them. My understanding was that one of the reasons to implement the change was exactly to incentivize use of +[W] attacks, so I should feel incentivized lol
Yeah... that 20% and 40% boost as an AOE should be looking pretty tasty right about now... especially if alternate dmg procs aren't getting limited or nuked from orbit....

Kalibano

Feats adjusted to include Cleave and Great Cleave again, as they now deal 20% and 40% damage respectively.
The main post has been updated to reflect this.

I am also currently implementing in the live game the new DPS gear set I planned for this build (if interested in the meantime, details here).
A new set of filigrees will be used too (and updated in the main post here once ready in the live game).

Kalibano

Gear + filigrees fully updated in the live game
The plan is for a similar layout to be used for all my builds, once time allows.

Note: I am currently working on updating the numbers in the main post (e.g. Doublestrike, etc). I'll send a quick update message once this is done, but thought I could share the updated gear + filigree images in the meantime, for those who are interested ofc.

Enjoy! :)

popejubal

Hi Tronko, nice of you to stop by! Glad you liked the picture :)

Ravager is what it is: I wasn't the one wo designed it! Not to everyone's taste, I get it, but that's completely fine. Such is the nature of life: not everything is everyone's cup of tea!

Luckily for me (and a large number of players) there's a big wide world out there, outside of what's 'meta' and what is considered 'acceptable/ viable' by some groups. There are plenty of:
- first life characters (like some of mine)
- people who detest TRs (like me!)
- people who love TR and do it all the time
- people who play a ton of alts and can't physically achieve completionists, in one lifetime, on all of them (like me!)
- people who play only one character
- people who want to play to have fun (like me!)
- people who stress about DDO and treat it like a job
- people who hate reaper mode
- people only play reaper mode (like me!)
- people who only play casters
- people who hate playing melees
- people who hate raids
- people who only play in groups
- the list goes on and on

It is very possible to have a lot of fun times and make very meaningful contributions in quests (even at high end difficulties like the ones I personally play: reaper 6-10), with characters who are first life and/or have min past lives, and for many of the types of players listed above. I can personally attest to that, as I've been around for quite some time (since 2006).

This build is not for you? No worries! It probably means you already got one that works great and lets you have fun! It's a win win. I am fairly certain this build will do just fine for some people: after all "One man's trash is another man's treasure". Some call it 'flavor', some call it 'Ravager': To me, it just is what it is really!

If you do happen to have specific constructive comments about specific aspects of the build, and the suggestions help achieve the aims I have set for the build, I'm sure myself and others would appreciate (and if you have the time, and don't mind helping/ sharing some of your experience and wisdom, of course!).

The more specific the better (e.g. this enhancement in this tree, this feat, etc.)
"maybe you could..."
".... is perhaps a little bit low. Perhaps you should try..."
"Have you considered....?"

Not everyone wants/can contribute constructively and/or meaningfully, so no worries if you don't want/can't!

Hopefully we quest again in our server sometime soon, cheers!
I found Tronko’s comment very helpful because I know that melee has HUGE potential, but a ton of that potential comes from squeezing every ounce of power out of multiple moving parts to get the big increases from synergies. I think there are neat ideas in here, but knowing that this is a nicely constructed flavor build is very helpful information.

You have said that you don’t strive to make FotM builds that are super mega uber maxxxxed, but you don’t talk about the relative performance of the different builds relative to each other and relative to the top tier DPS, so having an outside voice to give that perspective is helpful and appreciated.

Luckily for me (and a large number of players) there's a big wide world out there, outside of what's 'contribute constructively and/or meaningfully' and what is considered 'acceptable/ viable' by some groups. I appreciate you and your post, but I also appreciate Tronko’s comment.

Fisto Mk I

filigrees fully updated in the live game
Can i suggest change for solo play? ;)

- 2 Long Shadow +5MP ( you use only 2 so not get +2 ID)
+2 One Against Many +5MP

You tradeoff 5 MP for 5% Strikethrough and very nice debuff: Melee attacks have a 30% chance to debuff enemies melee and ranged power by 20 for 10 seconds. It's good for solo survivability. 8)

Kalibano

Can i suggest change for solo play? ;)

- 2 Long Shadow +5MP ( you use only 2 so not get +2 ID)
+2 One Against Many +5MP

You tradeoff 5 MP for 5% Strikethrough and very nice debuff: Melee attacks have a 30% chance to debuff enemies melee and ranged power by 20 for 10 seconds. It's good for solo survivability. 8)
Great suggestion, love it, as I do solo quite a bit, and the de-buff will certainly be useful in groups too!

Thanks a bunch, will make the changes now :) Always very appreciative of your constructive and meaningful contributions Fisto (y)

Last edited:

Kalibano

First individual build to reach 10k views! This does seem to be the most popular in my repository :)

More stat breakdowns were added.

Enjoy! :)

ProfessorStein

I feel so weak around level 22 right now. Like... My epic strike caps around 1000 dmg, regular hits are a few hundred. Is that normal? On Reaper 1. Am I just expecting too much or am I building wrong or something. I know I'm not build complete, but I still feel crazy weak.