Kali's Dark Apostate/Enlightened Spirit HYBRID Melee/Caster IMBUE build

Kalibano

Build Designer & Fun Lover!
Why push sunder high?

I don't see anything in the post or build that indicates you are using tactical feats that use sunder?

Is this JUST for Cower Before Me?
Hi Scrag,

Yes, it is solely for Cower Before Me, which is pretty good AoE CC that causes helplessness. I find this alone makes it worth the investment (also considering how this character already benefits from Divine Might + PDK 1/3 CHA to tactics DCs).

Though I also use the Sunder attack to benefit from the Divine Crusader C4, it does not need the Sunder DCs, as the Divine Sundering effect applies automatically on Sunder attacks:
Sunder Evil: Using Sunder or Improved Sunder deals 1d6 light damage per character level and applies a Divine Sundering effect. The light damage scales with 200% of the higher of your Melee and Ranged Power. Divine Sundering: -10% AC, -25% fortification, -3 saving throws. Lasts 12 seconds.

Scrag

One thing I noticed is that improved swf and swf do not stack their 10% attack speed, per ddobuilder.

Is that actually accurate?

I was able to make some changes to the equipment and get 2 summer 4 winter 5 dread set bonuses, and while I lost 5 sunder dc, I gained a bunch of other bits elsewhere (alaric grim gaunts for gloves, titania crown, ring of summer heat, cloak of winter, and summer vambraces.

This netted a bunch of positives elsewhere and got me +30% fort bypass and some more doublestrike

Otherwise the build is identical.

Kalibano

One thing I noticed is that improved swf and swf do not stack their 10% attack speed, per ddobuilder.

Is that actually accurate?

I was able to make some changes to the equipment and get 2 summer 4 winter 5 dread set bonuses, and while I lost 5 sunder dc, I gained a bunch of other bits elsewhere (alaric grim gaunts for gloves, titania crown, ring of summer heat, cloak of winter, and summer vambraces.

This netted a bunch of positives elsewhere and got me +30% fort bypass and some more doublestrike

Otherwise the build is identical.
I hadn't noticed this issue with attack speed in the DDOBuilder: it's a bug with the builder, because in the live game the SWF feat line gives 30%.

Ref gear: I would work towards the Vecna gear suggestion I made recently (at least that's what I am working on now). I feel it will add a lot more bonuses than I had with the previous gear set. The gear you have put together will serve you well while you farm it (if you decide to, ofc) :)

This will involve swapping Draconic Incarnation for Machrotecnic for rune arm use, but you can still secure the 3 imbue die from DI in Machro. Rune arm active use will go really well, since this is a melee character, and Dripping With Magma will be a great addition.

Last edited:

Scrag

I hadn't noticed this issue with attack speed in the DDOBuilder: it's a bug with the builder, because in the live game the SWF feat line gives 30%.

Ref gear: I would work towards the Vecna gear suggestion I made recently (at least that's what I am working on now). I feel it will add a lot more bonuses than I had with the previous gear set. The gear you have put together will serve you well while you farm it (if you decide to, ofc) :)
Good to know!

Vecna gear takes foreeeeeeeeeever for me. It is exceptionally slow for me to get through some of the quests because they are so long, and coincidentally, thats the gear I tend to be interested in!

I have been farming the heck out of the raid to get enough runes for the bsword and the gaunts. Bsword because I love them and this one looks EPIC, gaunts to go with the arti boots I got from vecna and the +3 assassinate artifact bonus (is this the only place that assassinate arti bonus exists?!)

I think I will swap between ignition and attuned bsword on this char. Super excited about it!

Kalibano

Good to know!

Vecna gear takes foreeeeeeeeeever for me. It is exceptionally slow for me to get through some of the quests because they are so long, and coincidentally, thats the gear I tend to be interested in!

I have been farming the heck out of the raid to get enough runes for the bsword and the gaunts. Bsword because I love them and this one looks EPIC, gaunts to go with the arti boots I got from vecna and the +3 assassinate artifact bonus (is this the only place that assassinate arti bonus exists?!)

I think I will swap between ignition and attuned bsword on this char. Super excited about it!

I know what you mean, ref farming and the length of quests :) I take my time tbh, as long as I am having fun that's what matters. It can take me a VERY long time to get all the gear I need, since I normally do it for around 13-14 alts at endgame hehe. I'm used to it by now, and tbh I see that as part of the fun of the game, so it's a massive win win for me. I normally have the 'second-best' gear set up while farming the new gear, so it's not like there has to be a massive rush (considering how bonus values don't increase by a lot).

The Vecna gear I planned for gets more Doublestrike too, which was one of the things I was keen to increase, and a nice boost to Sunder too, to improve DC efficiency. The new filigrees I planned seem great too. They were added to the main post, and here too.

Last edited:

Scrag

I know what you mean, ref farming and the length of quests :) I take my time tbh, as long as I am having fun that's what matters. It can take me a VERY long time to get all the gear I need, since I normally do it for around 13-14 alts at endgame hehe. I'm used to it by now, and tbh I see that as part of the fun of the game, so it's a massive win win for me. I normally have the 'second-best' gear set up while farming the new gear, so it's not like there has to be a massive rush (considering how bonus values don't increase by a lot).

The Vecna gear I planned for gets more Doublestrike too, which was one of the things I was keen to increase, and a nice boost to Sunder too, to improve DC efficiency. The new filigrees I planned seem great too:

Potential new gear set (Vecna items) for this build

Dark-Apostate-DPS-hybrid-gear-planner.jpg

Dark Apostate DPS Hybrid gear planner spreadsheet available to download too. More on DPS gear sets in this thread.
I see you have ignition in there! Man that thing looks awesome.

I have a uni sentry helm. That thing is ALSO awesome. Think I have the duelist cloak as well, but using that instead of the awesome that is cloak of winter... don't know if I would drop from 4 to 3 set bonus in winter, just for that hat. Though I do have the winter crown, I could swap titania for winter crown, cloak for duelist... I think that would be a net negative though.

Kalibano

... and the +3 assassinate artifact bonus (is this the only place that assassinate arti bonus exists?!)
It seems so. The Vecna sets introduced artifact bonuses to a few things that had not been found in these artifact sets before:
Assassinate (Mockery)
Dodge (Mockery)

Sneak attack damage (Mockery)
Strikethrough (Blades)

Spell penetration (Coffin)

Saving throws (Guidance)

Think these are the ones, if I haven't got it wrong :)

Kalibano

Strikethrough and Attack speed breakdowns added to the main build

Last edited:

Soulcial

Weekend Warrior
This looks really fun. How does it perform in reaper? I have a heroic and racial completionist toon and have recently become somewhat bored with the game, so I am looking for something fun to try and this might just be right up that alley! On the rare occasion that I do quest these days, it is almost exclusively R10s, which I can safely assume this kind of build wouldn't fare terribly well in, but more often I am running reaper/LH raids in which case I would love to play something different for a bit!

Kalibano

This looks really fun. How does it perform in reaper? I have a heroic and racial completionist toon and have recently become somewhat bored with the game, so I am looking for something fun to try and this might just be right up that alley! On the rare occasion that I do quest these days, it is almost exclusively R10s, which I can safely assume this kind of build wouldn't fare terribly well in, but more often I am running reaper/LH raids in which case I would love to play something different for a bit!
Hey there :)

Ref how it performs in reaper, perhaps I should start with a bit of background to my answer:
> I don't play exclusively R10s, and definitely not solo R10s (it's just not an aim of mine)
> I do play this character regularly in reaper 6-10 with groups.
> The aim of the build is not to solo high reaper quests

So considering the above, and the aims I set out for this build, I personally feel it performs well in reaper, and to me it is great fun to play.

My personal highlights are:
> attack speed (SWF)
> strikethrough
> high tactical bonuses (trance + PDK bonus) for some AoE CCs
> awesome debuffs that also damage enemies, with no saves
> imbue dmg passively via warlock aura
> this feels like a proper battle priest, in the sense that I support healing the frontline without clicking any healing spells, but rather by using attacks (e.g. ameliorating strike, DC smites, etc.) and offensive spells/abilities (e.g. PA's Reborn in Fire, or DC's Consecration)
> the new Vecna gear set I am working towards will include Magma from the rune arm and nice extra dmg from the weapon upgrade. I also managed to squeeze in a lot more melee bonuses with the gear (particularly doublestrike), and more melee power via the new filigree plan.

If you do decide to give it a go, I'd be keen to hear if it suited your playstyle, and if you have suggestions for changes/adjustments.

Hope you find it fun! :)

Last edited:

Scrag

So I have an updated gear build based on what I have and was able to eek out more of pretty much everything, but not much. I netted a +5? standing still imbue dice. So standing still I have 28 imbue dice. Prr is slightly up, mrr up a good bit 63 fort bypass, some other bits.

I did this by throwing Shadows Emptiness on spellshield platemail, university sentry helm, and duelists cloak. Double strike is 58, strikethrough still 190. I gave up the prowess clicky for snowflake peaks imbue die. I got the sunder up to 101, but evoc (blast) dc is stuck at 59. I don't see any good way to fix that, but its secondary damage anyway since I am swinging a big frickin' sword. I havent slotted some of my augs, and I don't have a bitter wounds so that spot is just empty for emerald.

(edit): I put my 14 con diamond into the platemail which was missing.
Still have lots of open slots for augs...

Tactical DCs
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intimidate· · · · · · · · · · · · ·10+HD+Wis Mod vs d20 + 49 : d20 + Intimidate(49)
Diplomacy · · · · · · · · · · · · ·CR+Quest Level vs d20 + 49 : d20 + Diplomacy(49)
Bluff · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·CR+Quest Level vs d20 + 51 : d20 + Bluff(51)
Sunder· · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·Fortitude vs 70 : 10 + Str Mod(9) + Sunder(51)
Trip· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·Balance vs 60 : 10 + Str Mod(9) + Trip(41)
Turn Undead · · · · · · · · · · · ·Creature HD vs d20 + 30 : d20 + Cha Mod(30)
Warlock: Pact: Fiend· · · · · · · ·Fortitude vs 59 : 19 + Cha Mod(30) + Evocation(10)
Cower Before Me · · · · · · · · · ·Fortitude vs 101 : 20 + Max Mod(Str(9), Dex(8), Int(5), Wis(16), Con(18), Cha(30)) + Sunder(51)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Equipped Gear Set: U56 gear set
Armor · · · · Legendary University Spellshield's Platemail· ·Drops in: Quest: Vecna Unleashed (quest), End chest
· · · · · · · +15 Enhancement Bonus
· · · · · · · Magical Sheltering +36
· · · · · · · Fortification +153%
· · · · · · · Insightful Reflex Save +6
· · · · · · · Spell Saves +11
· · · · · · · Lost Purpose: Legendary The Shadow's Emptiness
· · · · · · · Green: Empty augment slot
· · · · · · · Colorless: Empty augment slot
Belt· · · · · Legendary Direbear Belt · Drops in: U48 Quest: Quid Pro Quo
· · · · · · · Insightful Sheltering +17
· · · · · · · Rough Hide +5
· · · · · · · Natural Armor Bonus +13
· · · · · · · Roar
· · · · · · · Green: Legendary Demonheart Emerald
· · · · · · · Eminence of Winter
Boots · · · · Legendary Deepsnow Boots· ·Drops in: U48 Quest: A Frosty Reception
· · · · · · · Insightful Constitution +6
· · · · · · · Quality Constitution +3
· · · · · · · Freedom of Movement
· · · · · · · Fortitude Save +10
· · · · · · · Green: +2 Festive Constitution
Bracers · · · Dinosaur Bone Bracers · Drops in: The Isle of Dread, any legendary chest; or Dread saga legendary end reward
· · · · · · · IoD: Accessory: Artifact Scale Slot: Scale: Light Spell Crit Damage
· · · · · · · IoD: Accessory: Artifact Fang Slot: Fang: Light Spell Crit Damage
· · · · · · · IoD: Accessory: Artifact Claw Slot: Claw: Light Spell Crit Damage
· · · · · · · IoD: Accessory: Artifact Horn Slot: Horn: +23 Armor Piercing
· · · · · · · Blue: Empty augment slot
· · · · · · · Yellow: Empty augment slot
· · · · · · · The Legendary Dread Isle's Curse
· · · · · · · Filigree 1: Snake Bite/Grandfather's Shield: +2 Constitution(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 2: Sanctified Fervor/Reverberation: +2 Charisma(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 3: Snake Bite: Constitution(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 4: Snowpeak's Gifts: +1 Imbue Dice(Rare Version)
Cloak · · · · Legendary University Duelist's Cloak· ·Drops in: Quest: Enemy of My Enemy, End chest
· · · · · · · Quality Accuracy +5
· · · · · · · Quality Deadly +3
· · · · · · · Insightful Armor-Piercing +10%
· · · · · · · Insightful Doublestrike +7%
Gloves· · · · Alaric's Grim Gauntlets · Drops in: Raid: Skeletons in the Closet, Free Yarrow optional chest
· · · · · · · Wisdom +14
· · · · · · · Dark Restoration Lore +23
· · · · · · · Power of the Dark Restoration +155
· · · · · · · Hallowed +14
· · · · · · · Sacred +14
Goggles · · · Legendary Collective Sight· ·Drops in: Quest: Blown Deadline
· · · · · · · Quality Resistance +2
· · · · · · · Temperance of Belief
· · · · · · · Nearly Finished (SDCIWC): +13 Charisma
· · · · · · · Nearly Finished (Ins SDCIWC): +6 Insightful Charisma
· · · · · · · Blue: +2 Festive Charisma
Helmet· · · · Legendary University Sentry's Helm· ·Drops in: Quest: Paper Trail, End chest
· · · · · · · Resistance +11
· · · · · · · Insightful Fortification +76%
· · · · · · · Shield Bonus +14
· · · · · · · Natural Armor Bonus +14
Necklace· · · Legendary Pendant of the Sky· ·Drops in: Quest: The Stone Crypt Chronicle, end chest
· · · · · · · Insightful Devotion +74
· · · · · · · Insightful Radiance +74
· · · · · · · Insightful Nulification +74
· · · · · · · IoD: Accessory: Fang Slot: Fang: Light Spell Crit Damage
· · · · · · · Green: Emerald of Greater Smiting
· · · · · · · Colorless: Diamond of the Magi
Quiver· · · · Epic Dynamistic Quiver· ·Drops in: Quest: Grim and Barett
· · · · · · · Doubleshot +8%
· · · · · · · Ranged Power +4
Ring1 · · · · Legendary Ring of Summer's Heat · Drops in: U48 Quest: Legend of the Lost Locket
· · · · · · · Fire Lore +21%
· · · · · · · Combustion +142
· · · · · · · Radiance Lore +21%
· · · · · · · Radiance +142
· · · · · · · Eminence of Summer
Ring2 · · · · Legendary Rockslide Ring· ·Drops in: U48 Quest: The Icemount Curse
· · · · · · · Shatter +15
· · · · · · · Insightful Dexterity +6
· · · · · · · Insightful Combat Mastery +4
· · · · · · · Improved Earthen Guard
· · · · · · · Eminence of Spring
Trinket · · · Legendary Hurricane Insignia· ·Drops in: U56 Quest: ToEE: First Level and Earth Temple, end chest
· · · · · · · Combat Mastery +11
· · · · · · · Quality Combat Mastery +3
· · · · · · · Seeker +14
· · · · · · · Speed +30%
· · · · · · · Legendary Temple's Tempest
Weapon1 · · · Attuned Bone Bastard Sword· ·Drops in: Skeletons in the Closet, Raid Warded Chest
· · · · · · · Damage and Type 5[1d10+3] + 15 Slash, Magic
· · · · · · · Critical Threat Range 19-20 x2
· · · · · · · IoD: Weapon: Scale Slot: MeltScale
· · · · · · · IoD: Weapon: Fang Slot: Meltfang
· · · · · · · IoD: Weapon: Claw Slot: Sparkclaw: Charisma
· · · · · · · IoD: Weapon: Horn Slot: Brighthorn
· · · · · · · Orange: Ruby of the Endless Night
· · · · · · · Purple: Feareater
· · · · · · · Sentient Weapon Personality: Sentient Jewel of Blackrazor
· · · · · · · Filigree 1: Snake Bite/Grandfather's Shield: +2 Constitution(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 2: Sanctified Fervor/Reverberation: +2 Charisma(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 3: Sanctified Fervor: Charisma(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 4: Sanctified Fervor: Melee Power(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 5: Sanctified Fervor: Smite Evil(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 6: Prowess: Melee Power(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 7: Prowess: Critical Attack and Damage(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 8: Prowess: Attack and Damage(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 9: Prowess: PRR(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 10: Divinity: Smite Evil(Rare Version)
Weapon2 · · · Legendary Powder-Packed Barrel· ·Drops in: Isle of Dread (wilderness), Rare Chests, and All Hail the King end chest
· · · · · · · Spellcasting Implement +31
· · · · · · · +15 Orb Bonus
· · · · · · · Fire Lore +22%
· · · · · · · Kinetic Lore +22%
· · · · · · · Combustion +149
· · · · · · · Impulse +149
· · · · · · · Quality Charisma +3
· · · · · · · Purple: +32 Sapphire of Defense
Trinket2· · · Restricted by another item in this gear set
Trinket3· · · Restricted by another item in this gear set

Kalibano

So I have an updated gear build based on what I have and was able to eek out more of pretty much everything, but not much. I netted a +5? standing still imbue dice. So standing still I have 28 imbue dice. Prr is slightly up, mrr up a good bit 63 fort bypass, some other bits.

I did this by throwing Shadows Emptiness on spellshield platemail, university sentry helm, and duelists cloak. Double strike is 58, strikethrough still 190. I gave up the prowess clicky for snowflake peaks imbue die. I got the sunder up to 101, but evoc (blast) dc is stuck at 59. I don't see any good way to fix that, but its secondary damage anyway since I am swinging a big frickin' sword. I havent slotted some of my augs, and I don't have a bitter wounds so that spot is just empty for emerald.

(edit): I put my 14 con diamond into the platemail which was missing.
Still have lots of open slots for augs...

Tactical DCs
Intimidate· · · · · · · · · · · · ·10+HD+Wis Mod vs d20 + 49 : d20 + Intimidate(49)
Diplomacy · · · · · · · · · · · · ·CR+Quest Level vs d20 + 49 : d20 + Diplomacy(49)
Bluff · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·CR+Quest Level vs d20 + 51 : d20 + Bluff(51)
Sunder· · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·Fortitude vs 70 : 10 + Str Mod(9) + Sunder(51)
Trip· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·Balance vs 60 : 10 + Str Mod(9) + Trip(41)
Turn Undead · · · · · · · · · · · ·Creature HD vs d20 + 30 : d20 + Cha Mod(30)
Warlock: Pact: Fiend· · · · · · · ·Fortitude vs 59 : 19 + Cha Mod(30) + Evocation(10)
Cower Before Me · · · · · · · · · ·Fortitude vs 101 : 20 + Max Mod(Str(9), Dex(8), Int(5), Wis(16), Con(18), Cha(30)) + Sunder(51)

Equipped Gear Set: U56 gear set
Armor · · · · Legendary University Spellshield's Platemail· ·Drops in: Quest: Vecna Unleashed (quest), End chest
· · · · · · · Magical Sheltering +36
· · · · · · · Fortification +153%
· · · · · · · Insightful Reflex Save +6
· · · · · · · Spell Saves +11
Belt· · · · · Legendary Direbear Belt · Drops in: U48 Quest: Quid Pro Quo
· · · · · · · Insightful Sheltering +17
· · · · · · · Rough Hide +5
· · · · · · · Natural Armor Bonus +13
· · · · · · · Roar
· · · · · · · Green: Legendary Demonheart Emerald
Boots · · · · Legendary Deepsnow Boots· ·Drops in: U48 Quest: A Frosty Reception
· · · · · · · Insightful Constitution +6
· · · · · · · Quality Constitution +3
· · · · · · · Freedom of Movement
· · · · · · · Fortitude Save +10
· · · · · · · Green: +2 Festive Constitution
Bracers · · · Dinosaur Bone Bracers · Drops in: The Isle of Dread, any legendary chest; or Dread saga legendary end reward
· · · · · · · IoD: Accessory: Artifact Scale Slot: Scale: Light Spell Crit Damage
· · · · · · · IoD: Accessory: Artifact Fang Slot: Fang: Light Spell Crit Damage
· · · · · · · IoD: Accessory: Artifact Claw Slot: Claw: Light Spell Crit Damage
· · · · · · · IoD: Accessory: Artifact Horn Slot: Horn: +23 Armor Piercing
· · · · · · · Filigree 3: Snake Bite: Constitution(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 4: Snowpeak's Gifts: +1 Imbue Dice(Rare Version)
Cloak · · · · Legendary University Duelist's Cloak· ·Drops in: Quest: Enemy of My Enemy, End chest
· · · · · · · Quality Accuracy +5
· · · · · · · Quality Deadly +3
· · · · · · · Insightful Armor-Piercing +10%
· · · · · · · Insightful Doublestrike +7%
Gloves· · · · Alaric's Grim Gauntlets · Drops in: Raid: Skeletons in the Closet, Free Yarrow optional chest
· · · · · · · Wisdom +14
· · · · · · · Dark Restoration Lore +23
· · · · · · · Power of the Dark Restoration +155
· · · · · · · Hallowed +14
· · · · · · · Sacred +14
Goggles · · · Legendary Collective Sight· ·Drops in: Quest: Blown Deadline
· · · · · · · Quality Resistance +2
· · · · · · · Temperance of Belief
· · · · · · · Nearly Finished (SDCIWC): +13 Charisma
· · · · · · · Nearly Finished (Ins SDCIWC): +6 Insightful Charisma
· · · · · · · Blue: +2 Festive Charisma
Helmet· · · · Legendary University Sentry's Helm· ·Drops in: Quest: Paper Trail, End chest
· · · · · · · Resistance +11
· · · · · · · Insightful Fortification +76%
· · · · · · · Shield Bonus +14
· · · · · · · Natural Armor Bonus +14
Necklace· · · Legendary Pendant of the Sky· ·Drops in: Quest: The Stone Crypt Chronicle, end chest
· · · · · · · Insightful Devotion +74
· · · · · · · Insightful Radiance +74
· · · · · · · Insightful Nulification +74
· · · · · · · IoD: Accessory: Fang Slot: Fang: Light Spell Crit Damage
· · · · · · · Green: Emerald of Greater Smiting
· · · · · · · Colorless: Diamond of the Magi
Quiver· · · · Epic Dynamistic Quiver· ·Drops in: Quest: Grim and Barett
· · · · · · · Doubleshot +8%
· · · · · · · Ranged Power +4
Ring1 · · · · Legendary Ring of Summer's Heat · Drops in: U48 Quest: Legend of the Lost Locket
· · · · · · · Fire Lore +21%
· · · · · · · Combustion +142
· · · · · · · Radiance Lore +21%
· · · · · · · Radiance +142
· · · · · · · Eminence of Summer
Ring2 · · · · Legendary Rockslide Ring· ·Drops in: U48 Quest: The Icemount Curse
· · · · · · · Shatter +15
· · · · · · · Insightful Dexterity +6
· · · · · · · Insightful Combat Mastery +4
· · · · · · · Improved Earthen Guard
· · · · · · · Eminence of Spring
Trinket · · · Legendary Hurricane Insignia· ·Drops in: U56 Quest: ToEE: First Level and Earth Temple, end chest
· · · · · · · Combat Mastery +11
· · · · · · · Quality Combat Mastery +3
· · · · · · · Seeker +14
· · · · · · · Speed +30%
· · · · · · · Legendary Temple's Tempest
Weapon1 · · · Attuned Bone Bastard Sword· ·Drops in: Skeletons in the Closet, Raid Warded Chest
· · · · · · · Damage and Type 5[1d10+3] + 15 Slash, Magic
· · · · · · · Critical Threat Range 19-20 x2
· · · · · · · IoD: Weapon: Scale Slot: MeltScale
· · · · · · · IoD: Weapon: Fang Slot: Meltfang
· · · · · · · IoD: Weapon: Claw Slot: Sparkclaw: Charisma
· · · · · · · IoD: Weapon: Horn Slot: Brighthorn
· · · · · · · Orange: Ruby of the Endless Night
· · · · · · · Purple: Feareater
· · · · · · · Sentient Weapon Personality: Sentient Jewel of Blackrazor
· · · · · · · Filigree 3: Sanctified Fervor: Charisma(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 4: Sanctified Fervor: Melee Power(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 5: Sanctified Fervor: Smite Evil(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 6: Prowess: Melee Power(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 7: Prowess: Critical Attack and Damage(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 8: Prowess: Attack and Damage(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 9: Prowess: PRR(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 10: Divinity: Smite Evil(Rare Version)
Weapon2 · · · Legendary Powder-Packed Barrel· ·Drops in: Isle of Dread (wilderness), Rare Chests, and All Hail the King end chest
· · · · · · · Spellcasting Implement +31
· · · · · · · +15 Orb Bonus
· · · · · · · Fire Lore +22%
· · · · · · · Kinetic Lore +22%
· · · · · · · Combustion +149
· · · · · · · Impulse +149
· · · · · · · Quality Charisma +3
· · · · · · · Purple: +32 Sapphire of Defense
Trinket2· · · Restricted by another item in this gear set
Trinket3· · · Restricted by another item in this gear set

I like your choice of Shadow's Emptiness, as an interesting alternative for more imbue die, nice one!
I'll revisit my choices and see if this could work better, instead. This is the overview of the set bonuses I planned for:
Dark-Apostate-New-set-bonuses-overview.jpg

Really nice gear set up you put together, based on what you already have! It will tie you over nicely while you farm other pieces (in the event you are farming). In case you have these items, you could perhaps consider these alternatives in the meantime:

Helmet:

Legendary University Champion's Helm
Deadly +11
Accuracy +22
Armor-Piercing - 22%
Seeker +14
Lost Purpose: Shadow's Emptiness
Green Augment Slot: Empty
Colorless Augment Slot: Empty

Notes: the main bonus you'd lose from the current helmet is resistance, which you could slot in an augment, instead. Natural AC overlaps with the one in the belt, and the loss of the shield AC bonus is mostly negligible for a build that is not a tank.

Googles:

Legendary Eternal Flameguard's Lenses
Deadly +11
Quality Deadly +3
Doublestrike 15%
Quality Doublestrike 3%
Legendary Temple's Inferno 1
Yellow Augment Slot: Empty

Notes: the CHA and ins CHA that you'd lose from the goggles can go in augment slots. This would increase doublestrike, and provide a set bonus that complements what's missing from Shadow's Emptiness (particularly melee power and helpless damage)

Shadow's Emptiness
  • +15% Artifact Bonus to Doublestrike and Doubleshot
  • +3 Artifact Bonus to Imbue Dice
  • +25 Artifact Bonus to Universal Spell Power
  • +30 Artifact Bonus to Magical Resistance Rating
+​

Legendary Temple's Inferno
  • +15 Artifact Bonus to Melee and Ranged Power
  • +30 Artifact Bonus to Fire Spell Power
  • +15% Artifact Bonus to Helplessness Damage

Ring:

Legendary The Flame and the Frost
Fire Resistance +53
Cold Resistance +53
Dodge +14%
Insightful Magical Sheltering +17
Legendary Temple's Inferno 2
Legendary Temple's Tide
Blue Augment Slot: Empty

Notes: this is basically the second piece of the Inferno set. Not an amazing item per se (especially considering how one of its main bonuses, the ins MRR, will overlap with your belt), but the resistances and dodge aren't too bad. I'd probably swap for Rockslide ring, and the main bonus you'd lose (Shatter), can go in an augment slot. Ins combat mastery does not stack with Divine Might, which this build has, so it's not a loss at all.

Ref evocation DCs: I wouldn't worry about it at all.
We are more interested in the aura dishing out the imbue damage + extra dmg like Magma, or Dino fang, etc.
The base blast dmg via the aura, which is force, has no save.
The evocation DCs would be more useful to secure full pact damage, but at only 6 levels warlock (= 3d6 fire pact dmg), it's not worth the investment. It will do half dmg, which is good enough tbh.

This build has no investment in Wisdom, so it doesn't cast offensive spells that depend on DCs.
I use solely the spells that get 'twisted' by the Dark Apostate tree to do full dmg, with no save

> Dark Apostate non-save spells (Evil dmg per caster level, doubled vs cursed enemies):
> 'Prayer'
> 'Bless'
> 'Bane'
> 'Bestow Curse' (bane dmg per imbue dice vs undead)

+
regular cleric spells that don't have a save (e.g. Divine Punishment, Searing Light)

+
Epic destiny spells like Consecration and Reborn in Fire (no save)

I do use mass inflict, but it's more about healing me: I personally see the half dmg AoE as a bonus tbh. It all adds up :)

Hope my input was useful, and nice work on the gear set up based on what you currently have.

Last edited:

Scrag

Helmet:

Legendary University Champion's Helm
Deadly +11
Accuracy +22
Armor-Piercing - 22%
Seeker +14
Lost Purpose: Shadow's Emptiness
Green Augment Slot: Empty
Colorless Augment Slot: Empty

Notes: the main bonus you'd lose from the current helmet is resistance, which you could slot in an augment, instead. Natural AC overlaps with the one in the belt, and the loss of the shield AC bonus is mostly negligible for a build that is not a tank.

Googles:

Legendary Eternal Flameguard's Lenses
Deadly +11
Quality Deadly +3
Doublestrike 15%
Quality Doublestrike 3%
Legendary Temple's Inferno 1
Yellow Augment Slot: Empty

Notes: the CHA and ins CHA that you'd lose from the goggles can go in augment slots. This would increase doublestrike, and provide a set bonus that complements what's missing from Shadow's Emptiness (particularly melee power and helpless damage)

Shadow's Emptiness
  • +15% Artifact Bonus to Doublestrike and Doubleshot
  • +3 Artifact Bonus to Imbue Dice
  • +25 Artifact Bonus to Universal Spell Power
  • +30 Artifact Bonus to Magical Resistance Rating
+​

Legendary Temple's Inferno
  • +15 Artifact Bonus to Melee and Ranged Power
  • +30 Artifact Bonus to Fire Spell Power
  • +15% Artifact Bonus to Helplessness Damage

Ring:

Legendary The Flame and the Frost
Fire Resistance +53
Cold Resistance +53
Dodge +14%
Insightful Magical Sheltering +17
Legendary Temple's Inferno 2
Legendary Temple's Tide
Blue Augment Slot: Empty
I have the ring and lenses, and thought about using them. I really want the other hat...

This costs me 14 mrr, 7 sunder, and 2 cha, but gains me a lot of other bits I like, including a spot to drop topaz of melee power into (lenses).

I think I will go with this. I do rather like my hat though! I might try to get it, but as is (with the swap for ring and goggles). Can always swap those two items back!

Kalibano

I have the ring and lenses, and thought about using them. I really want the other hat...

This costs me 14 mrr, 7 sunder, and 2 cha, but gains me a lot of other bits I like, including a spot to drop topaz of melee power into (lenses).

I think I will go with this. I do rather like my hat though! I might try to get it, but as is (with the swap for ring and goggles). Can always swap those two items back!
If you have a Sunder augment, you shouldn't have any Sunder losses at all.

Divine Might gives an insightful bonus to tactical DCs based on your CHA modifier, which works out a lot higher than the +6 insightful combat mastery you lose from the ring. Even if you keep the Rockslide ring, the +6 insightful combat mastery, in relation to Sunder alone, is not being used most of the time while you have DM on.

Yes, there is a loss of quality PRR from the goggles, and the 2 CHA. When using Dino artefacts, I personally like using the scale slot to have +15 of the main ability. This would mean a loss of 20% light spell crit damage, which I kind of compensate with the Devourer set bonus.

All in all what you are planning seems great. Is the final gear set you going for similar to the new one I shared recently? I'd be keen to see any tweaks you might make (e.g. Shadow's Emptiness), if you don't mind sharing, ofc.

Kalibano

Where are those sold? I couldn't find any when I looked, probably in the wrong place. Does it go up to 20 like search or the like?
Sharn. I made a basic list of the endgame purchasable ones on all the loot suggestion spreadsheets that I shared.

Augments.jpg

So, at the moment, max 14 (lvl 28) if you buy them, or 16 if you manage to loot one from a chest (lvl 32)

Last edited:

Scrag

If you have a Sunder augment, you shouldn't have any Sunder losses at all.

Divine Might gives an insightful bonus to tactical DCs based on your CHA modifier, which works out a lot higher than the +6 insightful combat mastery you lose from the ring. Even if you keep the Rockslide ring, the +6 insightful combat mastery, in relation to Sunder alone, is not being used most of the time while you have DM on.

Yes, there is a loss of quality PRR from the goggles, and the 2 CHA. When using Dino artefacts, I personally like using the scale slot to have +15 of the main ability. This would mean a loss of 20% light spell crit damage, which I kind of compensate with the Devourer set bonus.

All in all what you are planning seems great. Is the final gear set you going for similar to the new one I shared recently? I'd be keen to see any tweaks you might make (e.g. Shadow's Emptiness), if you don't mind sharing, ofc.
I generally don't have a lot of time to play in raids etc. The one big change is using Ignition as a primary weapon for trash killing with the dino sword as hard target equipment. I REALLY love that bsword. It is so cool looking!

edit: got the sunder aug from sharn for remnants!

Last edited:

Kalibano

I generally don't have a lot of time to play in raids etc. The one big change is using Ignition as a primary weapon for trash killing with the dino sword as hard target equipment. I REALLY love that bsword. It is so cool looking!

edit: got the sunder aug from sharn for remnants!
Hey Scrag, thought I'd let you know that I just finished putting together a new gear set for this build, and the one I am definitely going for. You'll find it in the main post all the way at the bottom, in the Suggested Gear section, or in this thread.

It only needs one set bonus from the Gem: I can deal with that a lot better!

You've inspired me on at least a couple of changes (Shadow Emptiness set bonus and the artefact with full spell crit dmg), so thanks for that!

Last edited: