Search results

1. C

Build Challenge

From time to time, and quite frequently in the currently ongoing discussions over the planned Epic Destiny balance pass, claims are made that DDO is currently 'easier than it has ever been' or that 'brand new characters of every type (i.e. tank, ranged DPS, instakill caster, CC caster, blaster...
  2. C

How to make a great 'Dynamic Event'

Since a new dynamic event is on the drawing board for this Fall there is still plenty of time for SSG to figure out how it is going to work... and for players to weigh in on what they'd like to see. I'd suggest the following high level guidelines; Diversify - Have goals that can only be...
  3. C

Allow equipping multiple Minor Artifacts, but only one with filigrees

The game now has literally dozens of minor artifacts, all of which are bound to character... but which a character can only ever use one of at a time. Presumably this is to prevent players from having minor artifacts in every possible equipment slot and a few dozen filigree slots as a result...
  4. C

In Quest Teleport

It would be VERY helpful to have a way to teleport from point to point WITHIN a quest. Basically the way Dimension Door works now, but between any two points. One way of implementing this would be to add a 'Door' option to the existing list of Teleport (and Greater Teleport) locations. When...
  5. C

Alternate Lives

Add the ability to treat alts as 'past lives' of another character. So, if you have a 'main character' and a level 20 Gnome Barbarian, you could have the Gnome go to the Reincarnation Grove, select racial (or heroic reincarnation) normally, type in the name of the main character, and poof...
  6. C

Possible 'easy' solution for clickies

Problems often come up when trying to equip items that allow you to cast an effect and then switch back to regular gear. What if the game instead included an option to cast the effect w/o actually equipping the item, but increased the casting time to simulate the equipping and unequipping...
  7. C

Remove Time Sinks

Short form: Remove time consuming manual systems by just going to the end result. Examples; instead of manually creating Cannith essences let us buy them, eliminate repair, have near instant hp/sp regeneration in public areas, replace 'random generated' items with more coins and the ability to...
  8. C

Buy/Sell overhaul

A handful of changes that would make a huge difference to the game economy; 1: Add filter and/or search to the Buy/Sell interface. At minimum, I'd like to be able to see just items with a particular bonus type (e.g. Reaper, Mythic, Fortune, etc), material type (e.g. Adamantine, Silver, Wood, et...
  9. C

Orphan imbue dice

Bonus imbue dice are so common now that it is not unusual for a character to wind up with a few of them even if they don't have any imbue ABILITIES to apply them to. It'd be nice if these 'orphan' imbue dice could have some kind of weak default imbue like; +1d4 weapon damage (i.e...
  10. C

Quests with higher chances of specific random loot?

My group generally skips the Soul-Splitter quests, but we ran them on R6 Wednesday and had four jeweler's toolkits drop. Does anyone know if that was just a bizarre run of random luck, or if toolkits are significantly more likely to drop in those quests? What about other quests / chains...
  11. C

Development Feedback

Currently, SSG gathers feedback on new content and changes to the game only after development is mostly complete and updated to the Lamannia server for testing. This is, to put it bluntly, insane. You are literally expending scant development resources completing major projects and THEN asking...
  12. C

Key mappings

Most of the options on the key mapping list are fairly straightforward, but there are six that I'm not clear what they are meant to do; Move Forward Camera & Move Forward Camera Toggle - What are these for? Both seem to do exactly the same as 'Move Forward' so far as I can tell. Previous...
  13. C

Mapping multiple actions to a single key?

When running with 2+ hirelings it would be very helpful to be able to hit one key to call all of them to my location, plant them in a spot, or switch them from hostile to defensive. I'm aware of the separate 'All Interact' option, but that only covers one action. The game has separate options...