Dragon's Hoard locations

Br4d

Since the number 7 for required pieces has been bandied about: maybe you need 7 in heroics and 7 in epics?

I realize we have found more than 7 in heroics but maybe the design is that you don't need to find all the heroic and epic pieces just 7 of each?

Sylvado

I didn;t see it mentioned so I robbed the vault in Stromreaver Fresco and no gold chests for the optionals.

Gilheom

seeing that there are quests in epic that have chests that didnt have chests in heroic there may be a few more out there in th 17-28 level range that havent been found and there are fewer people to look for them so it is possible. has anyone who made it to high level check out the amrath quests?

Crell_1

I really think that the fact that the Vol chest is only in the epic version, is a bug. Its quite out of scale of the rest of them.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Folks who pay every month for VIP are surely also paying for expansions too, no?

Iirc season 1 of hardcore locked out all premium players. Which is why I never played it then, or since.

It therefore seems a bit much to me to start complaining of paywalls at this stage. They were right there from season 1.

DilemmaEnder

Thelanis Player
I've heard a few people talking about how they are hesitant to play now. They want to wait for the locations to be found so they can make sure they get all the pieces while leveling up.

I understand the hesitance. I am making my first true attempt at Hardcore survival. If I put in all the work to survive to 20th level (or 32nd as I hope to) and get 1,750+ favor (as I plan to) just to find out that I didn't get enough of these optional chests during the climb I would be upset. Hopefully my slow and steady approach to Hardcore will mean that I am moving slow enough to not miss most as I advance.

Here's to hoping that when we see what the Kobold has to say when he's back after reset, things become a little less murky.

Cordovan

Community Manager
The kobold NPC doesn't provide hints for anything that hasn't already been discovered. When the NPC returns on Wednesday players will be able to get hints on any locations that have already been discovered by others.

Mr Blue

March 2006
The kobold NPC doesn't provide hints for anything that hasn't already been discovered. When the NPC returns on Wednesday players will be able to get hints on any locations that have already been discovered by others.
I disagree. It WOULD confirm the reward for 7 pieces and if there was another tier after turning in 7 pieces. This is what has a lot of us unwilling to take levels for fear of missing a piece from out leveling the quest it is found in.

Mr Blue

March 2006
If we knew the 7 piece turn in was the top reward, then we would proceed for that goal and not be stuck right now. There is also the question of other rewards. I think most of us were expecting the NPC to let us know more once the seven pieces were turned in. Is there higher favor rewards? You said no 5k reward, how about 3k or 6k? Others? How do we find out if there is no NPC?

As with the horde pieces, some of us don't want to level up if we need to do every quest on elite to hit the 6k favor reward. I am iconic so I don't want to have to grind to 30 just to TR and redo everything.

Spook

lol at Wednesday - I hope the event is going to be extended as some of us are waiting for the npc to return to play.

Yeah but seriously, think about it, there can't be many folks forking out for VIP every month who haven't gone and forked out for the expansions too, can there? 🤔
Anyone who is coming back and missed out on the recent deals. It's hundreds of dollars at full price for the expansions, or $10 or less per month for vip. The discounts add up.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Anyone who is coming back and missed out on the recent deals. It's hundreds of dollars at full price for the expansions, or $10 or less per month for vip. The discounts add up.
Fair point. I guess having been premium for so long and just buying up packs over time, I don't appreciate the costs of having to get them in a onner. VIP makes a lot of sense in that scenario. I'd interpreted VIP as being for the more "committed" (hence likely to also invest in expansions).

I stand corrected! 🙂👍

Crell_1

I disagree. It WOULD confirm the reward for 7 pieces and if there was another tier after turning in 7 pieces. This is what has a lot of us unwilling to take levels for fear of missing a piece from out leveling the quest it is found in.
This. --Its not that we expect the NPC to give us more hints. We expect the NPC to let us know what happens when we give him 7. Does he turn around and want 12 (which is how many locations we've found) ? Does he want more than 12? (as in we have more to find..)

Mr Blue

March 2006
This. --Its not that we expect the NPC to give us more hints. We expect the NPC to let us know what happens when we give him 7. Does he turn around and want 12 (which is how many locations we've found) ? Does he want more than 12? (as in we have more to find..)
It may also confirm other rewards, we know that golden footprints is an award so if turning in 7 pieces gives you a hat, then we know there is another tier to achieve.

Kimbere

You kind of lost the morale high ground about not spoiling anything by opening the HCL then immediately removing the hints and reward NPC for a week yet leaving the league up and running.

Might not have been as big a deal if this also wasn't the first time SSG used this mysterious scavenger hunt style system combined with level-gated content.

Now however, players are stuck having to choose between continuing to quest and level, hoping they don't die after they've qualified for the rewards.

Keeping the reward structure secret is mostly a lose-lose scenario for SSG at this point.

If someone had 7 pieces and dies while trying for the 8th+ piece before Wednesday, then finds out there aren't any additional rewards, they're going to be pissed.

People are also going to be pissed if they find out there are rewards beyond the first 7 pieces and they've already level-gated some of the other pieces because they had no way to know there were additioanl rewards from the NPC.

Not a great way to treat some of your most enthusiastic customers when it's 100% SSG's fault the reward NPC had to be pulled on day one.

Last edited:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
If anyone is in epics, can you check "optional for saving all four of the guests" in Study in Sable. It's one of the few with odd optionals that I haven't heard anyone having run yet.
And has anyone checked the dream dark 3x doors section?
Haunted halls?
Missing chain?
(I think there's a few others on my to-do list still that I haven't heard anyone talk about)

Last edited: