Dragon's Hoard locations

Foaly's_Pub

Rumble Creator and Wiki editor
I got mine 7th piece of gold hoard and now I have to stay away from hardcore because you removed vendor. Can you at this point inform us are there any additional rewards? We would find out anyway at this point if your event was working properly. It is dumb to make me wait in fear of dying and losing my progress because you couldn’t hotfix vendor. Now at least give us answer about reward?
cordo mentioned that he showed off "most" of the rewards during the preview stream here on the forums when pressured on it

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Everyone's doing great work thank you! Very cool, it's like looking for golden tickets in Wonka candy - many people are asking can they do casual or normal to get a piece from the location quests. Has anyone tested?

From here: https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?th...ard-super-thread-and-faq.726/page-3#post-6701

We did some pretty extensive tests running sacrifices on both casual and normal several times in a row with a party of 4 it seems that casual has about a 50% drop rate and normal has a 100%

MrDorak

OnuX71s.jpg

One is in the Marut optional in Epic Temple of Vol.

Last edited:

Gilheom

i cant help but feel that we are missing some more low level chests out there there are alot of lvl 3 quests maybe there is a lvl 3 chest we are missing?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
i cant help but feel that we are missing some more low level chests out there there are alot of lvl 3 quests maybe there is a lvl 3 chest we are missing?

Barring missing something, I've done 1 thru 4's.

I've done all base 1, 2, 3, and 4 quests so far and found nothing new. Been pretty thorough checking optionals, known chest locations, and all the nooks & crannies incase they added a new chest (like the Feywild unicorn chest). Now that I'm on base 5's I've changed tactics to only do "heroic only" quests. Have done all but necro 1 stuff so far with no chests (any quests with epic/legendary versions not checked). I'm only human so it's possible something could slip thru the cracks of checking but I likely covered all the quests well.

Cashery

that is the second time i've seen that hoard token pic.. where was the first one from

i think there is one in a lvl 8 quest... I;m betting on Tomb of the Shadow Knight, the optional long swim

Sylvado

I was thinking the same thing, I spent a lot of time looking in every corner of the Saltmarsh quests and found none.

LrdSlvrhnd

Everyone's doing great work thank you! Very cool, it's like looking for golden tickets in Wonka candy - many people are asking can they do casual or normal to get a piece from the location quests. Has anyone tested?
I was playing around in Sacrifices, did Elite, then decided to test Casual, did four runs with nothing, wondered if it was because I was already holding one so another elite and there was one, fifth on Casual with nothing, two on Normal that dropped, and then a third run each on Normal and Elite with chest ransack and nothing.

So while people are reporting that Casual is ~50%, either that number is high or my 50% luck is par for the course (there used to be a joke about me and true/false questions back in the day...). And also Chest Ransack affects it.

Cataluna

sweet... be nice to know which hoard goes to which quest...
Based on the screenshots and referring to that image:

1 - Temple of Vol
2 -
3 -
4 - Into the Deep
5 - Servants of the Overlord
6 - Pit
7 - Madstone
8 - Mired in Kobolds
9 - Wiz King
10 - Search and Rescue

So one of the two unlabeled is Immortality Lessons and the other is Invitation to Dinner.
For Sacrifices, see image in threads first post.

tolanj

Just a note that i have done a full check out of tangleroot, no joy, I had some hope for the earth elements opt.

Hominin

I don't know if it has been suggested yet, but I'd say the secret chest in Seizing the Dawn looks like a no-brainer to me, it has a kobold lair and then a blue dragon.