Hey Tonquin!

Subfive

I did a bit of testing with Alchemist and Primal Avatar, there is a few things that I'm not sure if it's WAI or bugged.
  1. The Thorn mantle Proc from Acid, Poison and Force(Usualy force include untype, blundgeon etc but it doesn't proc from "Empty Bottle" lvl 1 Alchemist Spell)
  2. The upgrade to the mantle for the summons and hirelings "Primal Avatar: Shared Mantle" doesn't seem to proc from "thorn Walker" tier 5 stationnary summon. It get all the summon related feat like augment summoning but the mantle doesn't seem to be working for the aditional proc on spell cast at all. At the very least in +-30min of testing in IOD explorer the force spell never triggered the mantle damage on it's spell cast. I event tried not attacking at all in the case we shared the 5sec cooldown with the summons on spellcast. it's working fine on melee hierling but didn't test with spellcaster hire.

QuantumFX

Hey Tonquin - I managed to break Outburst's ability to bypass DR. The character in question is a 20 Dragon Lord, has Scion of Arborea and had Gird Against Demons* (Fury of the Wild). I was getting Yellow 0 base numbers against Reapers, but all my electric procs were working normally. Applying the Dragon Lord's ability to strip immunity did allow me to do damage. I don't have an Ediolon, Celestia or Flame Blade to test if this is systemic, or just Outburst.

EDIT: After dropping Gird Against Demons, Reapers appear to be taking damage normally.

*Don't laugh, I forgot to swap that out when I didn't need the eSOS anymore.

Last edited:

vryxnr

The various "auto-detect" abilities are inconsistent with regards to finding the hidden runes in the raid Skeletons in the Closet.

Watchful Eye (the feat) does NOT detect the hidden runes.
Watchful Eye (granted by Inquisitive's Mind Like Iron core ability) DOES succeed at detecting the hidden runes

I have not tested the other auto-detect abilities yet. The above were tested on normal difficulty with both search and spot (at the same time) at 70, 80, 90, 100, 110. The actual feat never revealed any of the hidden runes, but the "fake" version from Inquisitive always revealed them all.

I would have thought if it was bugged that it would be the other way around, where using an actual feat to get that ability would be the more reliable version, but apparently not. *sad panda*

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
I would have thought if it was bugged that it would be the other way around, where using an actual feat to get that ability would be the more reliable version, but apparently not. *sad panda*
Ah, well, you can get the feat for free. You have to pay for Inquisitive.

(note: this is sarcasm)

Lanadazia

just came across the raptor sound crash again. had a hiatus for about a year and this is still an issue. weird.
if you cannot fix the original problem, maybe disable/delete or replace the sound bit that is causing trouble.
the community has pinpointed the file and developed a work around. the work has been done for you, a fix would be great!

Xaerxiessia

Lost in Translation
Dear Tonquin,
Just a little post to inform that the new tumble (that totally ruins my game-play) is bugged.
It's braking stealth while hiding still or sneaking with 'Cloak of Night'.

Last edited:

voenixa121

just came across the raptor sound crash again. had a hiatus for about a year and this is still an issue. weird.
if you cannot fix the original problem, maybe disable/delete or replace the sound bit that is causing trouble.
the community has pinpointed the file and developed a work around. the work has been done for you, a fix would be great!
Just make it play a sad trombone sound instead!

Mickeymouse

Dear Tonquin,
Just a little post to inform that the new tumble (that totally ruins my game-play) is bugged.
It's braking stealth while hiding still or sneaking with 'Cloak of Night'.
If you play 'go hide and seek'.. do you tumble when you hide?

They had this tumble thing in for 1-2 months and people are acting like it was god given right in DDO. Was it fun? yes. New tumble sucks? yes. Fairly sure that what we see on the current live isn´t the future plans of tumbling.

Xaerxiessia

Lost in Translation

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Cure admixtures (the various ones for arti & alch) don't trigger the EA mantle heal procs nor barrier. (not on an alch life to be able to test if fire damage vials trigger it or not)

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Cure admixtures (the various ones for arti & alch) don't trigger the EA mantle heal procs nor barrier. (not on an alch life to be able to test if fire damage vials trigger it or not)
Fire doesn't work either.

Guessing it's because it's an effect from a projectile and thus isn't technically something you cast. More something you physically lob in game that's already pre-made and thus doesn't qualify?

Could go WAI or Not WAI.

J1NG

Triaxx2

Hey Tonquin: The second to last Raven in Ruins of Berez (11th quest in Ravenloft), says the last Raven is at the west wall. The problem is that something is wrong with the mini-map so that it's west wall is on top. Either the raven should say south west, or someone needs to take a crowbar to the minimap and spin it the right way round.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Fire doesn't work either.

Guessing it's because it's an effect from a projectile and thus isn't technically something you cast. More something you physically lob in game that's already pre-made and thus doesn't qualify?

Could go WAI or Not WAI.

J1NG
Now it makes me curious if various alch damage vials (and cure admixtures) trigger primal's mantles (as they're also element specific triggered); always spent time in draconic that just works on any cast.

AMess

I'm confused about Unyielding Sentinel...why do the two shield projection strikes share a cool down (Knight's Challenge & Throw the Boom)? They are acting like they are the same ability and I think they were before the latest release, but when I constructed the build I got two strike icons in the Destiny tab of my Character Sheet, so assumed they were different strikes.

It wasn't until I was in a raid that I saw they were on the same cool down. Plus they are not Epic Strikes, where you'd expect this behavior. I guess I can move the action points around now that I understand it, which is cool, but kind of feels like i'm cheesing it, but i'm not real sure.

I'd prefer either two different attacks or 1 attack and 1 upgrade to that attack...or what i'd most like is plus 20 to hit ;)

Edit: I discovered that Throw the Boom requires Knight's Challenge, so this feel like a bug, in that you should not get a separate clickable icon for Throw the Boom. Or at the very least there should be text indicating they share a cooldown.

Last edited:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I'm confused about Unyielding Sentinel...why do the two shield projection strikes share a cool down (Knight's Challenge & Throw the Boom)? They are acting like they are the same ability and I think they were before the latest release, but when I constructed the build I got two strike icons in the Destiny tab of my Character Sheet, so assumed they were different strikes.

It wasn't until I was in a raid that I saw they were on the same cool down. Plus they are not Epic Strikes, where you'd expect this behavior. I guess I can move the action points around now that I understand it, which is cool, but kind of feels like i'm cheesing it, but i'm not real sure.

I'd prefer either two different attacks or 1 attack and 1 upgrade to that attack...or what i'd most like is plus 20 to hit ;)

Edit: I discovered that Throw the Boom requires Knight's Challenge, so this feel like a bug, in that you should not get a separate clickable icon for Throw the Boom. Or at the very least there should be text indicating they share a cooldown.
They used to be a single ability that you upgraded to AoE. The problem is many tanks didn't like that they lost a nice single target taunt in doing so. Sometimes you just want to pull a single mob off the main tank in a raid and sometimes you want to taunt a whole pack. Having the abilities separate lets tanks have access to both choices without having to respect their trees constantly. I assume SSG put them on shared cooldown because while they were willing to give us better on-the-fly utility, they didn't want to double our taunts per cooldown period.

Shiradi Stay Good blindness is not triggering sneak attacks.

A friend reported to me that the blindness effect from tier 3 of Stay Good did not seem to be triggering sneak attacks. At least not with a bow. So, I tested it and found that indeed is the case. Does not matter if you are right next to them, so distance is not the problem. My friend said that other forms of blindness did appear to be working correctly.

I have not tested other weapons with stay good blindness or other forms of blindness with a bow.

I also don’t know if this used to work as I never paid attention.

Stay Good is supposed to last for 10 seconds. During testing I noticed the effect always showed up with 9 seconds and sometimes immediately changed to 8 seconds. I am guessing this is just due to the time from when the effect happens to when it shows up as an icon, but thought I would mention it in case that is not working correctly either.

If the Stay Good blindness effect could be fixed to allow sneak attack damage that would be awesome.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Now it makes me curious if various alch damage vials (and cure admixtures) trigger primal's mantles (as they're also element specific triggered); always spent time in draconic that just works on any cast.
Bah, scratch my last reply. It appears Fire Mixtures "does" work to trigger the barrier. And it "does" apply the extra damage, but only within their respective Mantle options.

Flawed testing on my previous go as I had erroneously selected the other Mantle effect when testing and looking for the wrong outcome.

But can confirm what you posted that positive mixtures do not have any bonus healing or trigger the barrier. However, I note that other healing mixtures work to trigger Coccoon in Primal Avatar Heart (Fire), so that would suggest that there's a decent chance that the Exalted Angel effect might not be WAI (previously I was wondering if perhaps it was akin to the old projectile + effect not reaching back to the player, but the PA Heart Mantle suggests that's not the case with mixture since it works).

J1NG

Vox

5pc bloodfeast does not proc off skaldic rage (warchanter 1st core), not sure if this is WAI as skaldic rage does interact with Fury of the Wild.