Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

Shear-buckler

Thanks to the stacking chain for VIP, i will be staying VIP for the unforeseen future, and i hope the rewards just keep getting better and better later in the chain so that the need to have people will be subbing a year from now to get month 13 or month 18, of course they will cry and wine about it, and i will just simply laugh and respond with you really rimstrommed on that decision to not sub didnt you.

The fact that they arent listing next years VIP loyalty rewards is the best part about this, all the FTP’ers will be crying like little babies when they realize they are going to have to sub for two years to get something they keep having to buy in the store. In the meantime the “LOYAL” VIP customers will be getting it for free, yeah us!!!

I did not think about it that way. You are right, what a fantastic system they have created!!!

DDO Gaming

The fact that they arent listing next years VIP loyalty rewards is the best part about this, all the FTP’ers will be crying like little babies when they realize they are going to have to sub for two years to get something they keep having to buy in the store. In the meantime the “LOYAL” VIP customers will be getting it for free, yeah us!!!
I'm pretty sure the chain-system resets after month 12. And the rewards year to year apparently won't change much

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)
I'm pretty sure the chain-system resets after month 12. And the rewards year to year apparently won't change much
They are persistent for as long as you remain VIP, and if they do persist on the list long enough for you to be able to earn them more than once they will indeed stack, so you'd get a +2% named loot drop chance.
It seems like they stack. The longer you are VIP, the greater the benefit.

Ahpuch

Latest word is that month 13 to 24 will be revealed sometime in the next year. It may well look like a repeat of 1-12 with some different cosmetics which would give the +2% to Named Loot by Month 21. Or it may be something quite different. Because they made the plan as awkward as they did we can't really be sure what happens. For all we know at month 18 you will get a cosmetic that make trails of **** emojis behind you.

The Narc

Pretty sure it doesnt, there will be 12 new months of rewards but if you sub up you will still be starting at the first month of the first year, so the longer it goes, the better they can make the rewards and the more loyal vip’s will get versus FTP players.

Imagine 5 year(60 month) loyal VIP’s get a free reroll on every chest, roflmao all the FTP players will have to start their sub and wait 5 years to get the same benefit(of course they can just pay for rerolls with astral shards), either way income for the game to keep the lights on.

I always laugh anyways at those that say they cant do a VIP account for a year, its literally equal to the cost of full out movie night at the theatre with all the snacks and drinks in the VIP theatre.

Drakos

Yes, every revenue-generating ambition in the history of revenue relies on appealing to the masses, not outliers.
Your missing the point, we're not outliers, we are not a big a minority as you elude to. Raids are not the end-all be-all of DDO and they need to target more players not just provide something that appeals to those who Raid.

seph1roth5

That's a coding issue. the fact it hasn't thusfar been implemented despite multiple requests suggests the likely benefits cannot offset the costs to deliver this
It's not impossible. They could just make the quest giver open up the quest entrance, like they did with legendary vision of destruction/hox (and I think the heroic raids too?). Would love to not have to trek out to chains of flame.

Ungermax

Master Artificer
is there anything in the VIP agreement that guarantees access to ALL DDO content? If I recall back in 2018 when I first purchased VIP there was content that remained locked. So VIP only offered MOST expansions
Some of us have played well before 2018. If you think VIP has never given access to everything then maybe you should read some of the posts by people who have played longer than you. VIP used to give access to literally everything

Last edited:

The Narc

If you are an angry VIP about not getting access to new content(which was a change many moons ago and thats when the VIP’S should have made their stand with their wallets) the do what I do wait for it to come available from ddo points. Thats when you can purchase it from points you have earned in game, i am just recently enjoying vecna unleashed and i didnt pay for it, other than with points i have earned while enjoying running thru existing content.

I am happy with VIP loyalty program and I hope they eventually give good stuff further down the line so FTP players fall way behind and have a long time to catch up, as a caveat the FTP players that spend like whales i feel bad for as they are appreciated, but the ones that spend nothing but only purchase xpacs, i am happy for them to not get such loyalty rewards.

Warsaga

Notice how the staff just drops this very divisive program, respond a few times the same day and then afterwards goes hands off and pretends like nothings amiss despite this being the single most replied to and debated forum topic? I'm sure one of them will drop a sentence or two in the days leading up to May 1st, but they really have gone radio silent.

Almost like they don't want to add fuel to the fire and just hope things die down by the time of its release.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Almost like they don't want to add fuel to the fire and just hope things die down by the time of its release.
Pretty sure this is it. They're hoping this'll just peter out in a week or two. Who knows, maybe they'll drop a round of nerfs on something to draw attention away from this.*

* Only halfway joking there...

Br4d

That crazy assumption shows how out of touch of reality you have to be to support the new system.

Most players would absolutely not pay $99 for this crap. Most people in your bubble perhaps.

People who will spend anything on this game will spend for VIP just based on +10% XP, +10% movement speed, opening instances on E/R1 on new characters, 500DPT a month etc.

People who won't spend anything on this game won't.

It's a pretty simple calculus. A month of DDO costs less than a take-out meal at McDonalds.

Br4d

Maybe a better option than not giving info would be to have a system in place to prevent prolonged cold streaks to begin with. Like a stacking bonus to the roll until you get a named item. It's not like a player won't be able to notice a cold streak anyway even without the info.

Named items and sets are the work of the devil. Raids and instance bosses should drop superior items that conform to the RNG paradigm.

Some of the named items I see are so good they completely remove player agency from the equation since once you know about them you have to farm them.

Shear-buckler

People who will spend anything on this game will spend for VIP just based on +10% XP, +10% movement speed, opening instances on E/R1 on new characters, 500DPT a month etc.

People who won't spend anything on this game won't.

It's a pretty simple calculus. A month of DDO costs less than a take-out meal at McDonalds.
That is easily how it could become if VIP was improved sufficiently.

Last edited:

Ahpuch

Notice how the staff just drops this very divisive program, respond a few times the same day and then afterwards goes hands off and pretends like nothings amiss despite this being the single most replied to and debated forum topic? I'm sure one of them will drop a sentence or two in the days leading up to May 1st, but they really have gone radio silent.

They seem to know what they are doing in managing the feedback (not in rewarding VIPs).

They dropped this program 13 months ago to near universal disdain. Eventually those complaints died down (probably because many thought they went back to the drawing board). Now they dropped it again once it is a done deal (nothing is gonna change by May 1) so no point trying to debate the subject. The disdain may be slightly lower because they got rid of the worst reward on the list (fletching) and relented on the requirement to be VIP to use the mount/cosmetics.

I notice that the reward list still hasn't given the sentient XP for the bag of many things. it is still listed as:
  • Sentient XP Gem Worth Sentient XP

Ungermax

Master Artificer
If you are an angry VIP about not getting access to new content(which was a change many moons ago and thats when the VIP’S should have made their stand with their wallets) the do what I do wait for it to come available from ddo points. Thats when you can purchase it from points you have earned in game, i am just recently enjoying vecna unleashed and i didnt pay for it, other than with points i have earned while enjoying running thru existing content.

I am happy with VIP loyalty program and I hope they eventually give good stuff further down the line so FTP players fall way behind and have a long time to catch up, as a caveat the FTP players that spend like whales i feel bad for as they are appreciated, but the ones that spend nothing but only purchase xpacs, i am happy for them to not get such

Yep. I'm sure someone will be checking on it to make sure it remains civil, most likely Cordo, but. The issue is that he or any of the other mods likely wont have any direct influence as to what goes into the VIP package. We have seen that they changed the cosmetics to be not be bound to the sub and also saw them redact the sentient XP amount, but that is likely to be the crux of it. The decision has been made, VIP just isnt worth it any more. I wont claim Ive been VIP for years, but I played since GH was the cap when it was sub only, and over the years i would periodically go vip when new content came out, so i could try it out etc, and then use store points to unlock the content if i liked it. now you dont get to do that. What was once called a new quest pack has now been gift-of-the-gabbed into being called a mini expansion because some other stuff was released at the same time.

I'm not expecting stones of xp for crying out loud. Just a better way of rewarding the loyalty. Nobody cares about additional extra temporary character slots.

A blanket solution would be to add, as well as what they have already specified, whilst you are VIP you get a 20% discount off everything in the store, and if you take a subscription bundle for 3/6/9/12 months, you get those rewards up front. BOOM. Problem solved. If they did that I would 100% do a U-Turn and buy 12 months the second the new system is in place, and ive never done a 12 month sub before.

Deathbringer

Grim Lord of the Dead + Since 2009 +
A blanket solution would be to add, as well as what they have already specified, whilst you are VIP you get a 20% discount off everything in the store, and if you take a subscription bundle for 3/6/9/12 months, you get those rewards up front. BOOM. Problem solved. If they did that I would 100% do a U-Turn and buy 12 months the second the new system is in place, and ive never done a 12 month sub before.

That would be pretty good! +1