Search results

1. B

Leveling guides?

What leveling 3-20 guides do you guys use? I mean a guide that lists quests with most effecient xp/time stats which would get you leveled fast (heard you can do it in 7 hrs or so?..) I've become better at this, but it still takes around a week of now-and-then playthroughs to nab 20.
  2. B

Vorpals and spells?

So vorpal is a natural 20 on an attack roll. Meaning you have to roll for a hit with a weapon for it to trigger. Which suggest that you can't vorpal with a damaging spell?.. Or can you? I am confused since spells can crit too. Wondering whether fate singer's vorpal epic enhacement would work on...
  3. B

Custom UIs?

Does anyone know by any chance if there are any besides the ones posted on wiki? UPD. Custom UIs doesn't seem to work for me as well :C I've done the path as said /main -> /ui -> /skins -> *actual skin folder* but it doesn't show in options ingame, for both x32 and x64 launchers. I used...
  4. B

Advice for Epic Stance

Man, thank you so much, you've opened up a whole new world to me. Adrenaline+Boulders Might feels so good. Now I can enjoy the game and decent DPS without the horrific marimba sound!
  5. B

Advice for Epic Stance

Can't really decide between these two: 1) Fate Singer's Mantle of Fury - 1d6+6 sonic dmg per lvl that would scale with 200% of my 50 melee power + 138 temporary HP buffer, proc every 10 seconds; 2) Crusaders' Holy Mantle - BAB to charachter lvl (am multiclassed 8 FTR/ 12 FVS), +3 enh bonus to...
  6. B

"Sylvanus Maul" Build Feedback

I've just leveled my Sylvanus Maul to 20. He is a 8 Fighter/12 FvS PDK. Summarizing my mixed feelings over this build during heroics I'd say "meh". It is not bad, not at all. The most precise annotation would be: a rip-off paladin yet a fun way to play melee FvS. Charachterwise I've got +2...
  7. B

Fatesinger Epic Strike

Is there any way to get rid of the sound effect? Without minimizing the combat sounds in the options, of course. Maybe there's some extra option or a way to customize it (I know this is very unlikely but still). The marimba sound effect I have to bear with almost each epic melee life is starting...
  8. B

Epic experience?

So I did Chrono raid on epic elite (lvl 21 base) a couple of days ago. And most of the group were level 32 toons. And I sort of.. got no XP penalty?.. Can someone please explain how XP calculations are different on epic and legendary levels as I've always thought that same rules as in heroics...
  9. B

How does Protection from evil spell work?

So my fighter advanced to epics and he ain't very good at saving throws, eating up pretty much every single debuff. I was thinking of taking sentinel mantle enh which provides protection from evil effect because I've heard it protects from most/all control spells. Is it true? Can someone please...
  10. B

Tactical DCs?

So I've created a fighter that relies on CC and am quite confused right now. Do fighter tactical training feats (https://ddowiki.com/page/Tactical_Training) include active enhancement abilities? Like vanguard's stunning shield and such (since they're tactical and have a DC)
  11. B

Vanguard Tree Bug?

Wiki (https://ddowiki.com/page/Vanguard_enhancements) says Vanguard shield specialization enhancements provide no damage bonus due to a bug of some sort. Does anyone know if it is still true?
  12. B

Seizing the Dawn loot drop bug

I recall it was announced that there had been a bug after U59 (aka lordsmarch chains update) regarding named drops in the whole chain including Seizing the Dawn. I've just run the quest 6 or 7 times with no named drops (on heroic elite with a lvl 22 character). Drop rates for elite difficulty...
  13. B

Trace of Madness item upgradge: your choice

So I've run the Reign of Madness chain, got the mats and now can't really choose between two options for my parasitic breastplate (or maybe mask of vulkoorim, haven't decided this as well). (https://ddowiki.com/page/Altar_of_Insanity) 1) 15 sec displacement on hit (chance) 2) otto's dancing on...
  14. B

Rogue 1/Fighter 19 Advice

So I wanted to create a dwarf fighter that would base on shield + two-handed (works for dwarven axe) combat styles for extra HP, AC, doublestrike and strikethrough all at the same time. But I also thought that I could add trap-disabling on top of that so that's what a rogue level is for. Does it...
  15. B

Customizable Guild Cloaks

So I looked up the 13th Anniversary Party Cosmetic Cloaks and it made me think of something. Guilds don't really have any distinctive features except for their names and I suppose that some identity would be a great addition to the overall atmosphere since roughly most of the players are members...
  16. B

Summer sales cosmetics any way to preview

1. You might need to turn off your anti-virus or add ddo to exceptions (mine usually messes with the store) 2. There are two 32bit versions to choose from: common and legacy (switching to the one you haven't yet tried might help, but I'm really unsure about it) 3. Make sure you are not using...
  17. B

Character Planner

What's your character planner of choice? Is there anything good and up-to-date?
  18. B

Appearances Preview Not Working

Thanks a lot, it worked
  19. B

Appearances Preview Not Working

Since there's a cosmetic sale I wanted to grab some. But for some reason I can't preview the cosmetics from the DDO store. It is a known issue for steam-users, but I've launched the game directly through launcher in the main folder with steam being turned off (store now opens in-game), but I...
  20. B

Class Completionist Feat Stackability

It hurts but my curiosity is satisfied