Recent content by Hoccleve

1. H

Paladin PLs

Hi. I'm wanting to knock out a couple of Paladin heroic PLs for the healing amp. Any suggestions on build? These will be just 1-20 and then TR, not into epics, so something that front loads power would be good. Usually play solo or PUGs, probably R1. The one Paladin life I ran (which was S&B)...
  2. H

Purple maggots

Feathers?? Well, you could have knocked me down with one... I'll try the power of positive thinking and see if I can reimagine them.
  3. H

I want to TR my main into a dragonlord fighter, but dealing with my TR cache is so frustrating that I'm gonna play something else this weekend.

If one of those bankers were more enterprising, they'd have an option which was 'give us all of your stuff' (£1k plat, thank you). All your BtA stuff would go into your shared vault, all your BtC stuff would go into your character vault, until they were full up. Wouldn't entirely prevent the...
  4. H

Purple maggots

I'm not a new player, but thought this might be the best place to ask. I have an epic q-staff monk, running mainly GMoF. I keep spouting purple maggots. I gather from others in PUGs that this is a known problem. Is it fixable?
  5. H

Best quests for XP / past lives

I am very much not the kind of player who zergs off a past life in minimum time. However, it's handy / interesting to know what those who do judge as the best XP route. I can find some very old lists, but nothing recent. Anyone got a link, or fancy putting together a list?
  6. H

Buff my monk

Thanks Phloat and Vox. Some helpful tips. Currently L28 and liking it - drifting lotus is super strong. To answer your question Vox, I have pretty much all content, except I think that latest Morgave pack. Going to TR at 30 and then perhaps pure monk for some EPLs, with Henshin capstone...
  7. H

What stops me from spending money in this game.

I love the game and have played it for years, though never very seriously. I've mostly spent points earned through play, though used a bit of real cash now and again. There is plenty to play always, and if you aren't mad keen to have the latest pack / expansion when it comes out, and are willing...
  8. H

Fix - Tumbling as movement speed increase

I quite like that it makes a skill more useful, but OTOH it does look a bit ridiculous. And I generally enjoy PUGs which are a bit less zergy, so overall I'd be happy with a bit of nerf. On the third hand, my monk with abundant step and sprint is still going to win the race, providing I don't...
  9. H

Damage calculations for beginners?

So while the game is down... While I've been playing for some time, I remain very hazy about how weapon damage is calculated. So, for example, on my current wis-based q-staff monk, I get that the normal damage numbers are some combination of Base weapon dice/ Wis modifier / THF feat chain /...
  10. H

Patching server down?

Well, I guess the 'good news' is that its not just me.
  11. H

SoS vs ESoS

Thanks all. It had occurred to me that having two would solve the problem, but chuffing norah, pulling (or rather dicing) one feels like enough luck for one RL. :) Good to hear that both versions are still the bees knees, and thanks for the tips about alternatives. I'll not do anything hasty...
  12. H

SoS vs ESoS

Long time casual pugger here. VON5/6 is one of my favourite raids, and yesterday had the luck to jump on a R3 heroic pug. As so often, a slightly chaotic but fine run of VON5, rapidly became a bit of a mess at VON6. Several quit, but about five of us stuck with it, got the pillars down, and had...
  13. H

Buff my monk

I am updating some of the numbers as I improve gear.
  14. H

Buff my monk

Hi all, I'm a long time very casual player. mostly PUG some solo. I have recently got heroic completionist, and am now focusing on a stick monk. Currently Aasimer, Wis based, Monk 18 / Rogue 2 for traps, and just got to L20. Build works fine, very quick across the ground, can contribute DPS...
  15. H

Haverdasher elite.

Hope it's not too cheeky to drop this in. A story... A few nights ago, I finally got to Heroic completionist. I am a long time super casual player, and this was a nice moment for me. For a while I'd settled on the plan that after the HTR, I'd go with wis-based monk stick build lives. Not...