Search results

1. Gnyxl

DDO Launcher Acting Weird

The launcher comes up, and says 'Installing Pre-requisites' but doesn't do anything else. None of the buttons on the top work (Community / Account / Support). Any ideas how to fix this?
  2. Gnyxl

Ridiculous Time Waster

So I am in Saltmarsh just trying to complete all the quests. I am WAY over level, so I should have no issues with any of these quests. This is the 3rd run of 'Under Cover of Darkness' and each time 1) the Captain never spawns, 2) only 3 of the 4 Crests spawn 3) I am stuck in the quest without...
  3. Gnyxl

What If...

Ok so I was running around in Korthos and accidentally drank a Potion of Protection from Evil. That got me thinking... What would happen if an EVIL character drank a Potion of Protections from Evil? What, would it give him acid reflux or something? I am sure something would happen, but WHAT? :LOL:
  4. Gnyxl

FaceBook + DDO

I like to play DDO with Facebook up in the background, because this is the main way some people communicate with me (through messenger). I've noticed however, that when I get a FaceBook notification, it shuts DDO down. Does anyone know a workaround or even better, a cure for this? Thanks in advance!
  5. Gnyxl

GH Bugged?

Anyone else having issues getting into GH? It seems no matter what I do (re-log, re-boot, whatever) I can't get in. I submitted a ticket already, not whining about it or anything - just curious if this is just me or what.
  6. Gnyxl

Help

I have an old account. I'm not sure when I was playing but I think it was 2007-ish. I had a lot going on back then and moved several times on top of having some health issues around that time (hence the fuzzy memory). I thought that I had lost my login info, but I was looking through a box of...
  7. Gnyxl

Crazy and Traitorous NPC Tactics

Never underestimate how much your hire can undercut your efforts in a quest. Here are a few of the most entertaining (and frustrating) ones: Helping the enemy by running and stopping right in front of you so your missile attack doesn't target the enemy NPC. Running and standing between you and...
  8. Gnyxl

Illithid Event & Psionic Thralls

I'm on a level 10 Druid, and doing some way under-powered quests so I can get Patron Points (working on Coin Lords so I can open up more bag space. While doing this I noticed something significant that some other people may be missing. And by the way, I was trying to avoid the whole Illithid...
  9. Gnyxl

DDO Monster Tactics

After careful observation, I have discovered some tactics that various monsters tend to use. The Leaping Kobold - Kobolds and other small monsters tend to leap up on top of other items to create a height difference, so you can't reach them but they can still attack you. (Ranged attacks are good...
  10. Gnyxl

Crafting Station Error

Not sure what is wrong but I go to a decon station and when I attempt to decon I get 'There was an error!' No more info than that. Not sure if it was me, the crafting station or the stars weren't aligned right, maybe I didn't offer the proper sacrifices to the god (or goddess) of Crafting...
  11. Gnyxl

Damn...

Three times tonight, got stuck in a loading screen. four times I had useless hires that did nothing but stand in front of me and watch as I died, then let the monsters kill them without even defending (they were all on active mode). Can this be fixed? Please keep DDO running.
  12. Gnyxl

Haverdashed

Anyone else finding empty chests in this quest? I opened the chest in the back and had treasure, then when I opened the end chest there was nothing. So I figured it was a glitch, and I ran it again. The second time both chests were empty. I also noticed a notification flash on the screen at the...
  13. Gnyxl

Wait, what?

So I was doing the event and I stopped in the House J tavern to sell some stuff, and do my daily rolls. As I am doing that, suddenly I get a message that says I should log out because the world is shutting down in 30 minutes. Ok, I think to myself - I've got 30 minutes. I should wrap this up and...
  14. Gnyxl

General Weirdness

Has anyone else noticed DDO being more glitchy than usual? I mean things like hires just standing there watching you get skinned alive and not fighting or healing you even though you have them on active? Or like in the Gravework quest, the game spawning 79 minotaur skeletons but not giving you...
  15. Gnyxl

Failed to Que for Server (0xA0010000)

Anyone else getting this error? Any advice on fixing it?
  16. Gnyxl

Happy Gygax Day

I know the whole TSR thing is terribly politicized and I don't mean to start any issues over it. No matter what side of that debacle you are on however, we can all thank Gary for D&D. So... I think I'll visit the monument in the House J graveyard for a bit today. Mods / Admins, If this post is...
  17. Gnyxl

HUD

Is anyone aware of a setting to adjust the HUD graphic size? Mine is huge and it seems like it takes up half the screen. I'd like to reduce it down to a manageable size.
  18. Gnyxl

Windows 11 Killing Launcher

So I re-installed DDO and got it running and it worked great for a few days. Now Windows 11 has a pop-up window asking if I want to allow DDO to make changes to my HD. I click yes, and DDO launcher disappears. How do I fix this?
  19. Gnyxl

Direct X on Windows 11

Anyone know how to get Direct X 10 and 11 on Windows 11? After *MASSIVE* headaches with my ISP, getting a new ISP, upgrading the equipment out here etc, I finally got DDO re-downloaded and - I'm stuck in low resolution because I have Direct X 12 on Windows 11. I can't even find the files for...
  20. Gnyxl

Funny Stuff in DDO

So yesterday I was on a lower level toon (not my main) and was trying to do Elite level on all the Korthos quests. I picked up a hire to help out on Misery's Peak. I decided on a spell caster (I think I had the Wizard, but might have been the Sorcerer). Well, the hire was anything *BUT* helpful...