Search results

1. Nokowi

DPS Formula?

DPS log would be a great VIP benefit. It would also be a nice way for developers to manage builds.
  2. Nokowi

Are Rogues Just Bad?

Rogues have a ton of utility and have always been a popular choice. I had over 10,000 hours of fun with rogue. Rogue's suffer from SSG's poor agro design and from SSG's design philosophy of tacking on enough numbers that people play something. If Chai is still around you can ask for the 2013...
  3. Nokowi

changes to tumble BAD!

To be accurate, many of us did try to speak with devs about interactions and challenge at the time of reaper creation. Dev's were not interested in what was fun or challenging at that time and in fact excluded the players most interested in this in their discussion. They has a 3 year dev ban on...
  4. Nokowi

Tumbling was nerfed too hard

Unfortunately DDO agro is a mess much bigger than tumble. They haven't worked on sensible agro in years and with stealth 'not supported' I think degraded play is the norm and future for any form of agro management. I still hope they decide to make a concerted effort into a better agro system...
  5. Nokowi

Hint: It would be a square. They just need to check an x and y distance. That's two subtractions and an if statement and it replaces the cost of making some other move action. Regardless of the specifics, the net cost as compared to moving is an additional if statement. If we don't tumble we...
  6. Nokowi

Calculating a "same direction" is just as much computation as a distance calculation. Then you add in keeping track of charges. Then you add in the 100's of future hours managing who gets how many charges in each tree, and player angst when they make changes (nerfs) to buff the next thing they...
  7. Nokowi

Let's think about a functional implementation. - allows people to tumble as much as they want in combat - discourages tumbling for movement speed Your first tumble activates a radius from the tumble and a timer. You have unlimited tumbles within that radius and until the timer resets. You may...
  8. Nokowi

More Active Gameplay

This is a very good D&D type solution, but SSG has basically designed active play out of their game. I can't imagine anyone putting sneak attack into their build and not having near 100% uptime on it. Or waiting for a bluff check to get sneak attack. Not needing to be hidden to assassinate...
  9. Nokowi

More Active Gameplay

I think we can see from the tumble responses that people are not just looking for run speed through content but that players also want interactive gameplay. Quite a bit of this was taken out prior to the introduction of reaper, most likely because it is easier it is easier to manage the SSG...
  10. Nokowi

U66 Preview 2: Tumble Changes

This is the kind of design that makes gameplay fun. You really should have made this kind of thing the focus of Shadowdancer, where people could twist in or take as much active gameplay as they enjoy. Be careful not to add too many charges too easily - it's easy to out-design your own...
  11. Nokowi

Why do the servers feel so bad to play on right now?

If the game becomes a chore, people that continue playing will be highly selective in how they group. If the game is fun people will be much more willing to post pugs, join pugs, and otherwise participate with others. I remember logging in to reaper for the first time and was amazed at the much...
  12. Nokowi

Update 66 Preview 1 - Epic Destiny Refresh

Shadowdancer suffers from an identity crisis – it doesn’t help those that dance in the shadows. If these trees are supposed to be useful for multiple builds, the hybrid design needs to be removed completely as it is completely niche. Support for magic and illusion should be within one of the...
  13. Nokowi

Update 66 Preview 1 - Epic Destiny Refresh

My idea was to put healers complaining about aura damage agro into stealth. That's your best chance of getting anything addressed. I think I still have about 200k DDO points if you are on Sarlona these days. Feel free to PM me on the forums, I check in from time to time. You all are much...
  14. Nokowi

Classic DDO Server

They could have filled an entire server with dedicated stealth tactics. They had the core of what they needed before they stopped supporting it. It was easier for SSG to drop a playstyle than actually manage invis-running in a sensible way. Would I go back? Probably not, once you lose trust in...
  15. Nokowi

Whats happening with the loot...?

When loot chances go wrong it it typically that they have added something else to the loot table. You might think a 1 in 6 drop means 1/6th of the time but if something else gets added it has sometimes been in addition to the current loot table. Say 5% chance of the new thing and then 1 in 6...
  16. Nokowi

Proposal For a Change to XP Curves

The core issue is you have players that take month(s) to get one past life and those that can do it in less than 24 hours. I think a better solution is a daily use or lose XP bonus --> think of a 300% quest XP bonus (not saga) for 2 hours, or 300% XP bonus for 5 quests. The casual player can...
  17. Nokowi

Melfs Acid arrow is overtuned (Spawn of Whisperdoom)

I'm not involved with the specifics of this change, but making the game easier over time while taking away the best rewards per time that the most knowledgeable players were allowed to use isn't going to create interesting gameplay. You actually want to maintain challenge while making rewards...
  18. Nokowi

A shout out to Tonquin

I'm really surprised nobody here can rearrange the letters.
  19. Nokowi

Too much "balancing", I've have enough

I think their approach of buff/nerf is wrong. It breaks to many builds and playstyles. A better approach would have been to simply have a month long buff that changes each month. The buff has synergy with the first month of release of the newest thing and has synergy with another month of...
  20. Nokowi

Nightrevel Clicky Candies

Definitely! They of course need rewards that improve player power. But they can't add power faster than they can add content or difficulty. That means they need to give players things to do that are not pure power accumulators. If I were to ask what ELSE could they do to make the game fun to...